Google Talk Beta Publicly Launches!

Misc Front Page News Posts
BigWorm
Administrator
Administrator
How I listen: I Dont

Google Talk Beta Publicly Launches!

Postby BigWorm » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:49 am

Google Talk is a lightweight Jabber-based instant messaging client with voice capabilities. Google Talk is easy and intuitive to use. All you need to make free calls is an Internet connection, a microphone, and a speaker. After you download Google Talk, sign in with your Gmail username and password. Invite your friends to download Google Talk, and once they do, you'll be able to talk or IM with them instantly.

Google Talk currently does not encrypt chats or calls. When you use Google Talk, you can choose to have your IM chats stored locally on your own computer so that you have a chat history. Google does not collect the content of instant message chats or voice conversations.

http://talk.google.com

A Gmail account is required... You can get one HERE!

Last edited by BigWorm on Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
I didn't mean anything I just said. I love Lex & Terry. They are perfect and so is the show.
SkinnyJoint
VIP
VIP

Postby SkinnyJoint » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:20 am

shit sounds pretty cool another way goodle is taking over the web
PETERISAMO
VIP
VIP

Postby PETERISAMO » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:39 am

I promise you Google saves EVERYTHING. Every search you do..link you click on..blah blah blah

For them saying they're against evil they sure do evil things!
SkinnyJoint
VIP
VIP

Postby SkinnyJoint » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:29 am

let me know the feedback of this and if you think its going to take off etc
BigWorm
Administrator
Administrator
How I listen: I Dont

Postby BigWorm » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:45 am

the audio chat is clear and I also like that its simple
I didn't mean anything I just said. I love Lex & Terry. They are perfect and so is the show.
camman
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby camman » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:25 pm

Just downloaded it. Couldn't be any more stripped down. Love it, very basic and easy to use. Can't stand all the bells and whistles on AIM and Yahoo messenger. This is really clean. And I don't think Google's doing anything evil. When they first talked about their e-mail service they said that with all the space you'd have you'd never need to delete stuff. Then they said you could search for an e-mail like you search the web. People freaked out and said google was monitoring your e-mail to make it easy to search. You CAN delete any message you receive and google does not save it. Once you click "delete forever," it's gone.
ShaneZ
VIP
VIP

Postby ShaneZ » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:58 am

lol, google can monitor my e-mail if they wish.... hell, i wouldn't even care if they read thru all my spam ;) i agree with camman on the interface. i might actually start using im again....

heh, its pretty bad when you are a tech and cannot stand all the tech you are supposed to support....

:P
ShaneZ
VIP
VIP

Postby ShaneZ » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:53 pm

they *DO* need to put in a way to clear the chat window.... however, since I prolly won't have internet consistantly for a very long time, I guess it doesn't really matter... I still like it tho ;)

Return to “Misc Front Page News”