I HATE MY JOB.....

Discuss anything other than the show in this section.
lickmyvag1st
How I listen: wjrr radio station

Re: I HATE MY JOB.....

Postby lickmyvag1st » Sat May 22, 2010 12:09 pm

Preview wrote:
lickmyvag1st wrote:Must be nice, for all of you people out there that even have jobs. I am 7 months pregnant and cannot work. Ive been on bedrest through my entire pregnancy, and even before that i could not find a job anywhere. and i am a bartender so thats bad, i have never had this problem before, ever. and it is hard, i lost my house, my car, everything i owned from being out of work. now i got a baby on the way and my bf and i are living with his mother and grandmother in a tiny ass bedroom that we have to fit us and a newborn in. not cool, so if you have a job and just "hate it" get over it, it could be much worse. you could be in my shoes. then you'd really have something to bitch about.
Carmen

You should have kept off your back or used a condom and you wouldn't have a single problem. At least, that's what it sounds like....just saying...

you should never say that about having children, they dont deserve that and neither do i. i didnt lose my job because of my kids, they never had anything to do with it. but now they are suffering for it. so you just sound like a complete asshole. and yes, even if i didnt have my children i would still not have a job right now. like i said there is no work around here for the type of work i do. and even normal regual jobs are terribly hard to find. we have the highest unemployment rate in the COUNTRY. and it isnt becasue i "should have kept off my back" loser. And for your information i wasnt "on my back" i like it on top, and from the back so f@#$ off! obviously you dont have children, they bring me more pleasure than you will ever know in your miserable little life. all jobs and money aside, they matter more than any of that shit.
JUST SOME DUDE
VIP
VIP
How I listen: podcast

Postby JUST SOME DUDE » Sat May 22, 2010 5:13 pm

lickmyvag1st wrote: "should have kept off my back" loser. And for your information i wasnt "on my back" i like it on top, and from the back so f@#$ off! obviously you dont have children, they bring me more pleasure than you will ever know in your miserable little life.

Great Out of Context....
Preview
VIP
VIP
How I listen: Podcast

Postby Preview » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:06 pm

Question posed to all, and this is a true poll to all my friend here:

My supervisor has left for a week of vacation during a week of tremendous work load. I'm currently doing his and my own job plus "entertaining" a visiting corporate bigwig here doing physical inventories of all of our equipment and parts.

My question is should I be proud that he seems comfortable in the fact that he knows I can and will perform the duties set before me or dismayed that he would put me in a completely stressful situation with no one to turn to for help if something above my ability to say yes or no to arises?
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:29 am

Damn it's quiet on the forum at 1:30am. Damn night shift sucks.
Tumbleweed.gif
Tumbleweed.gif (88.18 KiB) Viewed 2714 times
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:45 am

Night Shift is O K in my book....it is just hard getting sleep during the day...good rest.

I can deal with the shift work.....its the douche bag I have as a supervisor....no spine!!
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:30 am

A check in from the land of Lex>

I GOT FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

And then got a job doing the EXACT same thing that I was doing for the old company four days later. God, oilfield sucks and is great at the same time.

I realize that some of my friends here probably want to know what happened, so here goes. I got brought up here to PA by one guy. That guy got fed up with the company and left. That left the position open and the company filled it from within. Great idea. Except they filled it with the manager of our sister yard down south of here. Now, not to sound conceded but, we kicked theirfucking asses every month on the bottom line for over a year and they've been at it for two more years than we had! Fucking morons.....
Well, to make a long story short, he KINDA had an agenda against us. Unfortunately for me, maintenance is an easy target as I spent money rather than make it.

Thought excercise:

This thing is broken. It effectively costs $5000 a hour that it is broken. I require you to get it up and running in the shortest amount of time required to keep your job. That is the situation that I find yourself in. And, when you do whatever needs to be done, I expect that EVERYTHING be done within a strict set of rules that were set up to prevent a fast action response to anything.

Well now, faithful readers. What do you do? No pausing for thought. I HAVE to have this thing running ASAP. You're costing me ungodly amounts of money screwing around. Gimme an answer and a fix NOW! I'll wait for a response.....
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:00 am

A recent post on Facebook by me:
I'm sorry Mr. Gasland. I know this movie has been out for a while now. I have just never gotten around to watching it before. I am now. 
You moron. For one, it's NOT fracking, it's fracing. No "K" in fracturing. You don't frackture a bone.... Please get the nomenclature correct.
Secondly, the oil and gas industry is providing a much need boost to the PA enconomy. I have lived in many places, including warzones. This place was one of the poorest regions in the US that I have ever seen. Unemployment is at a low in the region I live in that hasn't been seen in 9 YEARS. Hmm, I'm guessing food on tables and shoes on feet is a bad thing.
Third, the regions of strata that WE work in are generally down to the depth of 6,000 to 10,000 feet before a well goes from vertical to horizontal. A mile is 5,280 feet in length. The average water well is 100' to 200' deep. The blast radius of the "Little Boy" bomb dropped on Nagasaki about was almost a half a mile. A NUCLEAR BLAST. While I do agree the 2,000hp bad ass engines I work on are engineering monsters, I just can't see them in any way approaching that area of destruction. 
Next, I do believe that hydrogen is the next best thing that is going to happen to the human race in terms of energy production. No doubt in my mind. Oh, but wait! Take a wild guess where the vast majority of the hydrogen produced in the world comes from. It's generated from natural gas. Hmmm. Next guess, how do you maximize a shale for natural production. I'll let the reader connect the dots there.
Another big one to me. I'd like to use a quote from a movie. Bruce Willis. Armageddon. At the Greenpeace boat:
"Do know how many gallons of fuel that tub uses an hour?!"( not exactly the quote) Don't talk about US if you keep you home temp at a comfortable 70 degrees or drive anywhere. Screw a Prius. Walk you ass to work.
Lastly, mess up the job that I have literally shed blood, sweat and tears to advance in, I will come find you. And you'll need a gas guzzling Hummer to get away from me.
Final notes:
I do agree that incidents happen. I'm from Florida. I wasn't pleased with BP anymore than the next guy. I have family that depend of the Gulf for their lively hoods. But, to skew the fact only to show your side? Bad form.
Also, I represent no company, either existent or from the past. I am not and will not speak for such companies. This are my personal thoughts and beliefs from 8 years of experience in the industry in general.
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:14 am

Well..... I can now say I have now leaned something educational on this post....."rather than the regular chit, chat"(Mia Wallace) :mrgreen:

and have to say it was a nice change...

Return to “The Boozer”