I HATE MY JOB.....

Discuss anything other than the show in this section.
Axel
VIP
VIP

Re: I HATE MY JOB.....

Postby Axel » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:27 am

Preview, I wish you all the best. Will this give you more time with the family? Cutting the cancer sticks, man that is tough!! I did it while I was still managing a bar. For some reason the second month was the hardest, don't know why. But it will do nothing but benefit you, I noticed one time when I got sick (flu or cold), when I was in the shower coughing my lungs up I realized I used to do it EVERYDAY. Good luck, your kids will love you more for it!
This week it was the St. Pats. Celebration here in Savannah....I hate working this, no one does. It is a MAJOR drunk fest with idiots galore! This year however was not as bad as past ones.
Preview
VIP
VIP
How I listen: Podcast

Postby Preview » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:06 am

Thanks, Axel! Yeah, it sucks to see guys go, but at least they got a small severance package.
And yes, it does allow me to spend some extra time with the family. As a matter of fact, I'm posting this from north Florida right now b/c I've already hit the max hours for the pay period. I didn't want to sit at the house for the next 5 days, so I cashed in a water cooler worth of spare change ( been collecting THAT for a while), packed the car up and am visiting my mom. I have seen her in three years!

Wow, man, you've got some willpower if you can quit while working at a bar! I'm doing ok, I guess down to about three a day from a pack a day.
Thanks for the concern though, dude!
JUST SOME DUDE
VIP
VIP
How I listen: podcast

Postby JUST SOME DUDE » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 pm

pvtjoker wrote:well that eliminates taco bell...

frito burrito... awesome..
bbox696
VIP
VIP
How I listen: 99X

Postby bbox696 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:52 pm

You know there is a restaurant called denny's near 5 bars at florida ? Just sayin
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:47 am

Well, after the cutbacks and layoffs my company has gotten headcounts down to 75% of what they were before the economy went to shit and burn bridges with quite a few talented and good employees that will never come back.
Well, now, we have three crews working with five or six guys on each. That is 50% to 65% less than what is actually needed. And our job quality is suffering badly for it. Even if they do start hiring again, it will be either new guys that know absolutly nothing about this job or shitty prior employees that none of us want back.
All this thanks to kneejerk assholes that are not in touch with reality that were doing whatever it takes to save their own sorry asses at the expense of thousands of other peoples jobs and job quality now.
My job sucks ass!
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:41 am

Another reason that my job sucks. I woke up at 3 am on the 12th. It is currently 8:35am on the 13th. i have not had any more than 2 hours of dozing time, and i do mean just dozing. I will probably have to work until 6 or 7 (or possibly later) tonight. :shock:
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:07 pm

An update:

Ok. Here I am two months into my new position. I have revamped our procedures dealing with the maintenance of the equipement I've under my control. As of yet semi-success ( still tweaking ideas). I've increased the moral of over 70 operators and mechanics. Success. I've pleased my immediate supervisors and theirs. Success. I am slowly changing the paradigm of how things are done in my immediate control. On-going success.

Getting paid the same as I was before I took this position, getting less hours, not getting per diem, and much more added stress. UNSUCCESSFUL...
lickmyvag1st
How I listen: wjrr radio station

Postby lickmyvag1st » Fri May 21, 2010 11:48 am

Must be nice, for all of you people out there that even have jobs. I am 7 months pregnant and cannot work. Ive been on bedrest through my entire pregnancy, and even before that i could not find a job anywhere. and i am a bartender so thats bad, i have never had this problem before, ever. and it is hard, i lost my house, my car, everything i owned from being out of work. now i got a baby on the way and my bf and i are living with his mother and grandmother in a tiny ass bedroom that we have to fit us and a newborn in. not cool, so if you have a job and just "hate it" get over it, it could be much worse. you could be in my shoes. then you'd really have something to bitch about.
Carmen
Last edited by lickmyvag1st on Fri May 21, 2010 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lickmyvag1st

Postby lickmyvag1st » Fri May 21, 2010 12:12 pm

Preview wrote:
pvtjoker wrote:i like my job...i'm my own boss...set my own hours...i 1099 my ic's so i don't have to deal with the tax hassle...i deal in bad news...almost no part of my job deals in good news to anyone...and i take a great deal of pleasure watching others lives fall apart as a result of my work...life is good...

You are such a douche bag!! People like you have absolutely ruined mine and my childrens' lives, "your kind" (rotten, disgusting people who were born with silver spoons stuck up their asses), make me sick, i hope you all die horrible, painful deaths because you don't deserve to walk the Earth with the rest of us hard working, kind & loving people. A little kindness goes a long way, but you wont know that until you end up in Hell will you?
Bastard.
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Fri May 21, 2010 1:13 pm

lickmyvag1st wrote:Must be nice, for all of you people out there that even have jobs. I am 7 months pregnant and cannot work. Ive been on bedrest through my entire pregnancy, and even before that i could not find a job anywhere. and i am a bartender so thats bad, i have never had this problem before, ever. and it is hard, i lost my house, my car, everything i owned from being out of work. now i got a baby on the way and my bf and i are living with his mother and grandmother in a tiny ass bedroom that we have to fit us and a newborn in. not cool, so if you have a job and just "hate it" get over it, it could be much worse. you could be in my shoes. then you'd really have something to bitch about.
Carmen

You should have kept off your back or used a condom and you wouldn't have a single problem. At least, that's what it sounds like....just saying...
JUST SOME DUDE
VIP
VIP

Postby JUST SOME DUDE » Fri May 21, 2010 1:18 pm

Preview wrote:
lickmyvag1st wrote:Must be nice, for all of you people out there that even have jobs. I am 7 months pregnant and cannot work. Ive been on bedrest through my entire pregnancy, and even before that i could not find a job anywhere. and i am a bartender so thats bad, i have never had this problem before, ever. and it is hard, i lost my house, my car, everything i owned from being out of work. now i got a baby on the way and my bf and i are living with his mother and grandmother in a tiny ass bedroom that we have to fit us and a newborn in. not cool, so if you have a job and just "hate it" get over it, it could be much worse. you could be in my shoes. then you'd really have something to bitch about.
Carmen

You should have kept off your back or used a condom and you wouldn't have a single problem. At least, that's what it sounds like....just saying...

it's fun having sex, huh???
lickmyvag1st

Postby lickmyvag1st » Sat May 22, 2010 12:09 pm

Preview wrote:
Carmen

you should never say that about having children, they dont deserve that and neither do i. i didnt lose my job because of my kids, they never had anything to do with it. but now they are suffering for it. so you just sound like a complete asshole. and yes, even if i didnt have my children i would still not have a job right now. like i said there is no work around here for the type of work i do. and even normal regual jobs are terribly hard to find. we have the highest unemployment rate in the COUNTRY. and it isnt becasue i "should have kept off my back" loser. And for your information i wasnt "on my back" i like it on top, and from the back so f@#$ off! obviously you dont have children, they bring me more pleasure than you will ever know in your miserable little life. all jobs and money aside, they matter more than any of that shit.
JUST SOME DUDE
VIP
VIP

Postby JUST SOME DUDE » Sat May 22, 2010 5:13 pm

lickmyvag1st wrote: "should have kept off my back" loser. And for your information i wasnt "on my back" i like it on top, and from the back so f@#$ off! obviously you dont have children, they bring me more pleasure than you will ever know in your miserable little life.

Great Out of Context....
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:06 pm

Question posed to all, and this is a true poll to all my friend here:

My supervisor has left for a week of vacation during a week of tremendous work load. I'm currently doing his and my own job plus "entertaining" a visiting corporate bigwig here doing physical inventories of all of our equipment and parts.

My question is should I be proud that he seems comfortable in the fact that he knows I can and will perform the duties set before me or dismayed that he would put me in a completely stressful situation with no one to turn to for help if something above my ability to say yes or no to arises?
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:29 am

Damn it's quiet on the forum at 1:30am. Damn night shift sucks.
Tumbleweed.gif
Tumbleweed.gif (88.18 KiB) Viewed 2756 times

Return to “The Boozer”