I HATE MY JOB.....

Discuss anything other than the show in this section.
Axel
VIP
VIP

Re: I HATE MY JOB.....

Postby Axel » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:27 am

Preview, I wish you all the best. Will this give you more time with the family? Cutting the cancer sticks, man that is tough!! I did it while I was still managing a bar. For some reason the second month was the hardest, don't know why. But it will do nothing but benefit you, I noticed one time when I got sick (flu or cold), when I was in the shower coughing my lungs up I realized I used to do it EVERYDAY. Good luck, your kids will love you more for it!
This week it was the St. Pats. Celebration here in Savannah....I hate working this, no one does. It is a MAJOR drunk fest with idiots galore! This year however was not as bad as past ones.
Preview
VIP
VIP
How I listen: Podcast

Postby Preview » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:06 am

Thanks, Axel! Yeah, it sucks to see guys go, but at least they got a small severance package.
And yes, it does allow me to spend some extra time with the family. As a matter of fact, I'm posting this from north Florida right now b/c I've already hit the max hours for the pay period. I didn't want to sit at the house for the next 5 days, so I cashed in a water cooler worth of spare change ( been collecting THAT for a while), packed the car up and am visiting my mom. I have seen her in three years!

Wow, man, you've got some willpower if you can quit while working at a bar! I'm doing ok, I guess down to about three a day from a pack a day.
Thanks for the concern though, dude!
JUST SOME DUDE
VIP
VIP
How I listen: podcast

Postby JUST SOME DUDE » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 pm

pvtjoker wrote:well that eliminates taco bell...

frito burrito... awesome..
bbox696
VIP
VIP
How I listen: 99X

Postby bbox696 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:52 pm

You know there is a restaurant called denny's near 5 bars at florida ? Just sayin
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:47 am

Well, after the cutbacks and layoffs my company has gotten headcounts down to 75% of what they were before the economy went to shit and burn bridges with quite a few talented and good employees that will never come back.
Well, now, we have three crews working with five or six guys on each. That is 50% to 65% less than what is actually needed. And our job quality is suffering badly for it. Even if they do start hiring again, it will be either new guys that know absolutly nothing about this job or shitty prior employees that none of us want back.
All this thanks to kneejerk assholes that are not in touch with reality that were doing whatever it takes to save their own sorry asses at the expense of thousands of other peoples jobs and job quality now.
My job sucks ass!
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:41 am

Another reason that my job sucks. I woke up at 3 am on the 12th. It is currently 8:35am on the 13th. i have not had any more than 2 hours of dozing time, and i do mean just dozing. I will probably have to work until 6 or 7 (or possibly later) tonight. :shock:
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:07 pm

An update:

Ok. Here I am two months into my new position. I have revamped our procedures dealing with the maintenance of the equipement I've under my control. As of yet semi-success ( still tweaking ideas). I've increased the moral of over 70 operators and mechanics. Success. I've pleased my immediate supervisors and theirs. Success. I am slowly changing the paradigm of how things are done in my immediate control. On-going success.

Getting paid the same as I was before I took this position, getting less hours, not getting per diem, and much more added stress. UNSUCCESSFUL...

Return to “The Boozer”