Terry Jaymes Alive

Discuss anything other than the show in this section.
Axel
VIP
VIP

Terry Jaymes Alive

Postby Axel » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:07 am

Got a little board waiting for Tuesday's L&T podcast to post so I went through the site, staff pages, and hit on Terry's new show in Seattle. I downloaded the podcasts and gave it a shot..
I have mixed feelings about this, it is a little hard to stomach the intro alone....he is just stating how happy he is, and how long he had to work to make this happen, and that everything (where he is at this time) is so wonderful. He is in Seattle for Ray's funeral and he is telling everyone how happy he is....A FAR cry from the Terry we hear on a daily basis hanging up on people.
The show was a typical "talk" radio show...but somethings hit me weird....i would describe it (to quote Terry as he describes chicks from Seattle) CRUNCHY. Terry and his metaphysical, feel good, sh-peel.
Not to bad, and in Seattle there is a market for it. I think he can actually pull it off, as long as it doesn't get old or hokey....

I did get a kick out of the fact during the show he is giving away Seattle Sounders tickets. With all the crap he gave Peter about soccer...here he is promoting it ...kinda ironic :mrgreen:

anyone else checked it out? any comments?
Joey787
How I listen: Podcast

Re: Terry Jaymes Alive

Postby Joey787 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:21 pm

I don't care to because I hate that side of Terry. Its like, okay, what side of Terry is legit? L&T Terry, or seattle Terry? You can't be both because it's like conbining oil and water, they just don't mix.
demoknite
How I listen: podcast

Postby demoknite » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:52 pm

Axel wrote:Got a little board waiting for Tuesday's L&T podcast to post so I went through the site, staff pages, and hit on Terry's new show in Seattle. I downloaded the podcasts and gave it a shot..
I have mixed feelings about this, it is a little hard to stomach the intro alone....he is just stating how happy he is, and how long he had to work to make this happen, and that everything (where he is at this time) is so wonderful. He is in Seattle for Ray's funeral and he is telling everyone how happy he is....A FAR cry from the Terry we hear on a daily basis hanging up on people.
The show was a typical "talk" radio show...but somethings hit me weird....i would describe it (to quote Terry as he describes chicks from Seattle) CRUNCHY. Terry and his metaphysical, feel good, sh-peel.
Not to bad, and in Seattle there is a market for it. I think he can actually pull it off, as long as it doesn't get old or hokey....

I did get a kick out of the fact during the show he is giving away Seattle Sounders tickets. With all the crap he gave Peter about soccer...here he is promoting it ...kinda ironic :mrgreen:

anyone else checked it out? any comments?

Post a link and Ill check it out. One of his persona's is "fake" unfortunately. From your description it sounds like that semi old sketch they had on SNL with the females saying "good times..."
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:55 pm

here ya go....I like the description
Terry Jaymes
Humorous, edgy and real.
I could SWEAR he used to say he hated when people called themselves "edgy"...
http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=574&p=52&n=Terry%20Jaymes
demoknite

Postby demoknite » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:11 pm

I couldnt get through more than 10 minutes of the show. And I will apologize in that I dont think one his personas is fake. I think it was the same Terry Jaymes just having to cater for different formats. He seemed to be trying a lot harder than what he does on L&T. Also, that format is not my cup of tea and it didnt hold my interest. So is he going to fly to Seattle every weekend? Or do the show from his home?
fsuhistory

Postby fsuhistory » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:47 pm

Axel wrote:here ya go....I like the description
Terry Jaymes
Humorous, edgy and real.
I could SWEAR he used to say he hated when people called themselves "edgy"...
http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=574&p=52&n=Terry%20Jaymes

He has often said that...but the worst is in the show descriptions:

Terry talks about the recent death of his stepfather. Also, an interview with Jinny Tesik - licensed grief counselor about grief and life transitions. Terry talks with his friend Col. Len Anderson, former Blue Angel. They discuss being a Blue Angel and Len's transition into acting.
Listen | Download

Terry spends the hour speaking with Pam Oslie, psychic. Pam is the Love Colors founder. Pam and Terry take callers and do readings over the phone.

Can you say Jump the Shark?
Joey787

Postby Joey787 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:57 pm

How cute. He pulled out the black book of "big names" (aka d-list if they're lucky) and got him guests.
Stimmer

Postby Stimmer » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:27 pm

I look forward to lex and Dee radio network.
J-mental
VIP
VIP

Postby J-mental » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:20 am

I think the show is absolutely awesome. I think Terry should seriously consider doing it full time and leaving the other show.

But seriously. I just listened to five minutes of it and I almost vomited. He sure is good at putting up a fake side isn't he? What a fucking douche.
"I want you to remember that. I wanted to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, and in your most private moments, I want you to remember the one MAN who beat you..."
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:01 pm

JESUS F'N CHRIST!!! do you think he can contradict himself any more? I tuned into the Dennis Hoff / Heidi Fleis episode. Am I listening to the same guy?? He continually talks about "thinking positive" and changing a negative thought with positive thoughts...then moving on...
I'm sure you can do that after VENTING, BITCHING, AND HANGING UP ON PEOPLE FOR 5 HOURS....sure I can move on also....
Terry is so two faced, hypocritical, and superficial...I used to just chalk it up to "entertainment", but this is getting WAY out of hand!
If he put a fraction of his "positive" attitude back into this show it may make a difference....who knows, personally I think he has already got his mind set...just like Jason did
Joey787

Postby Joey787 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:24 pm

I really don't understand it. How in the hell is there a market for this stuff? What's going to happen when he runs out of d list celebrities to have on his show?
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:13 am

...i was reading some of the show descriptions and the guests.....Dee has got to be booking these guests for him. There is NO way Terry is gonna do that kind of "footwork"..and it would explain A LOT!
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:19 am

...I noticed Terry has pretty much hit every weekend....IS he flying back and forth? or is he phoning it in like Sam used to?
DrProctor

Postby DrProctor » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:53 am

Phone.
J-mental
VIP
VIP

Postby J-mental » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:24 pm

He is flying to Seattle, so is Dee because Dee is working the board for him.
"I want you to remember that. I wanted to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, and in your most private moments, I want you to remember the one MAN who beat you..."

Return to “The Boozer”