Go to wikipedia

Discuss anything other than the show in this section.
sifon187
How I listen: Radio+Podcast

Go to wikipedia

Postby sifon187 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:06 am

If SOPA passes this could be the future.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
DrProctor
How I listen: Podcast

Re: Go to wikipedia

Postby DrProctor » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:30 am

And Google, while you're at it. This is what it looks like in North Korea.
DrProctor

Postby DrProctor » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:36 pm

If you must look at a page on wikipedia, reload the page and manually stop it before the black thing comes back.

Btw, has anyone here actually researched this bill and have an opinion about it? I'm just now looking in to it.
aCompanionCube
How I listen: TK101 and podcast

Postby aCompanionCube » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:35 pm

I'm fine with stopping piracy, but what makes SOPA so bad is it goes on to give businesses and corporations too much power to demand websites be taken down, and not just in the US. Websites like Wiki will be accountable for every word, pic, etc. even if it's loaded by a user. Furthermore they want to use DNS to block websites (hilariously Comcast just rolled out an upgrade that will prevent that).

Sorry if I'm vague but I can't handle explaining it anymore. What it boils down to is you're either against this bill or for communism. Not really a middle ground with it in it's current state. To give you an idea how bad it is, parts of Sony, Apple (not sure, they supported it at first), most videogane publishers, and Google are a few of the ones AGAINST the bill. When the gaming industry thinks an Anti-piracy bill is bad, you know somethings wrong.
Joey787

Postby Joey787 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:50 pm

The internet is too huge of a monster to police. I fund this hilarious that everyone would think any president concerned about approval ratings would sign this bill.
CreativFluffer

Postby CreativFluffer » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:08 pm

Joey787 wrote:The internet is too huge of a monster to police. I fund this hilarious that everyone would think any president concerned about approval ratings would sign this bill.

Politicians arent governed by the same strict FCC guidelines online like they do on radio or TV and politcal advertising online is very inexpensive. Mr President doesnt care because hes about to use it for his campaign. He would be stupid to sign it .
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: ONLINE

Postby licyourface » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:10 am

i signed the online petition and then passed it on...while i understand why they want to get a handle on pirated material...i completely disagree with empowering them to do so.
people who care about having the actual dvds and extras will still buy them....people who dont arent gonna buy them whether they are able to download them free or not...theyll pay a whole dollar at red box...lol
and u absolutely should have the right to share something with peer torrents you bought and paid for. i have downloaded lots of shows that people uploaded from the actual dvds they purchased....because i wasnt going to invest until i was sure i liked it
i bought the ones i liked anyway because i still wanted the hard copy for my library...its sad though that i cant do my part and share back because cox communications will cut you off in a heart beat for it...i never get busted downloading but when i used to leave uploading on to share files back the studio actually complained to cox and sicked them on me...they turned me off and i had to call in and get my stern warning..lol what a buncha d-bags
i wish i could remember which show it was...because it was a specific show and studio that was rabid about it...i had other ones going at the same time that they didnt say a word about
DrProctor

Postby DrProctor » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:01 am

I personally don't pirate that which I wouldn't pay for, but I understand why that isn't a very valid argument for the population as a whole. Btw, keep jobs in the USA. Come on, Anonymous. I'm sure you can do something to help that.

Return to “The Boozer”