Filler Podcasts

Discuss anything other than the show in this section.
Preview
VIP
VIP
How I listen: Podcast

Filler Podcasts

Postby Preview » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:56 pm

As I know my daily schedule is different than most (because I can have long drive times), I have to have something other than the guys to fill the interim. What are the other things that everyone listens to?
My list is:

Geeks Guide to the Galaxy. They discuss the different new SciFi books that come out and have panels to BS about different tropes in the (sic) genre

GeekDad. All things Geeky. Centered around stuff that parents can have fun with their kids while teaching them to follow your footsteps.

The Nerdist. Chris Hardwick. Need I say more about my man-crush?
demoknite
How I listen: podcast

Re: Filler Podcasts

Postby demoknite » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:31 pm

I used to listen to Adam Corolla but his show was very repetitive and it sounded like he was doing a stand up act. His sports show with John Sally and some other guy was actually very good but got cancelled. Im a big sports nut so I will download Pardon the Interruption or even Mike and Mike. Bomani Jones who is on Around the Horn sometimes, also had a good radio show. Not sure if he does it anymore. If you want your fill though you can listen to Terry Jaymes Alive or Terry and Rantz.
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:45 am

I now listen to Adam Carolla as I used to listen to L&T..besides his podcast he has Ace on the House (home improvement),Car Cast, and Penn's Sunday School (Penn Jilette from Penn and Teller). He has also added Dr. Drew to his line up...
Penn used to have a podcast a while ago and I used to use it as "fill in" for L&T....
Carolla's show can be a little repetitive from listening to different podcasts....I can say this, I read BOTH his books, he has a TON of guests, and I actually laugh once in a while. He must be doing something right...
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:19 am

demoknite wrote:I used to listen to Adam Corolla but his show was very repetitive and it sounded like he was doing a stand up act. His sports show with John Sally and some other guy was actually very good but got cancelled. Im a big sports nut so I will download Pardon the Interruption or even Mike and Mike. Bomani Jones who is on Around the Horn sometimes, also had a good radio show. Not sure if he does it anymore. If you want your fill though you can listen to Terry Jaymes Alive or Terry and Rantz.

I'm good.
demoknite
How I listen: podcast

Postby demoknite » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:11 am

Axel wrote:I now listen to Adam Carolla as I used to listen to L&T..besides his podcast he has Ace on the House (home improvement),Car Cast, and Penn's Sunday School (Penn Jilette from Penn and Teller). He has also added Dr. Drew to his line up...
Penn used to have a podcast a while ago and I used to use it as "fill in" for L&T....
Carolla's show can be a little repetitive from listening to different podcasts....I can say this, I read BOTH his books, he has a TON of guests, and I actually laugh once in a while. He must be doing something right...

Yeh Corolla does have some good a-listers come on, not just guys doing press junkets. When was he last time the guys had someone in studio?
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:34 pm

Adam Carolla was on the Nerdist a few times.

Any others? I was thinking of things outside of the guys genre. Not morning talk showy.
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: ONLINE

Postby licyourface » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:00 pm

I used to listen to lunaticradio.com a lot...its free. They have a streaming website too. Kieran, one of the hosts is a good friend. He a good dude that just loves doing it, its an internet only show. I havent had time to listen in awhile but it used to be really funny.

Return to “The Boozer”