Kidd Kraddick passes away...

Discuss anything other than the show in this section.
Preview
VIP
VIP
How I listen: Podcast

Kidd Kraddick passes away...

Postby Preview » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:54 pm

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Kidd-Kra ... 63631.html

As much as the guys gave Kidd crap for being "light", he was much beloved by his fans. And i'm sure all the ribbing was only in jest.
Plus, he has done many charitable things. Very sad to see a national radio personality pass...
DrProctor

Re: Kidd Kraddick passes away...

Postby DrProctor » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:28 am

Yeah, I made one of these posts earlier, but then thought the death was a hoax, so I deleted it.

Now that it's real...!

Kidd Kraddick was my introduction to this whole radio thing. Back in 2000-2001, something like that, I drove to school listening to his show, and I even planned to drive over to Las Colinas to basically be the Taint of the show.

For all the jokes, I'm sure we all agree that he was a decent man and we are sad for his loss.

And Lex and Terry are happy to take over, at least the Dallas market (not happening). (Drops microphone)

*comes back*

Forgot to mention that when I was searching the internet, trying to figure out the truth, our old friend Peter Welpton reared his head on no less than a liberal website: http://www.liberallylean.com/2013/07/wow-kidd-kraddick-dead.html

Thank you, Peter.
demoknite
How I listen: podcast

Postby demoknite » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:23 am

Only listened to Kid Kraddick to see what the fuss was all about from LandT. Considering he has his P1s that are as passionate as we are it is definitley sad. Im sure the guys will pay their respects and Im sure they never meant any malice whenever they busted his chops on air. It's a competitive world but you hate to see someone pass away. Im sure it will hit the guys relatively hard since they are in the same age bracket. It makes life seem so fragile. The only thing is will they now try to corner the Dallas market that he has now left empty. Taking someones place because the station wants change or better ratings is one thing, but I dont think they have ever taken over after a death. A very tough decision for they guys Im sure. Also that death segment KK did...just wow. RIP Kraddick.
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:12 am

Never really listened to KK. I hate to see things like this... How did he pass? Health?, accident?

I don't foresee the guys sliding into KK's slots...too soon. Kinda when they were offered Sterns position.... Plus, knowing the radio business they will go on the cheap first and either shop for a "new" young show or try to keep KK's show going for as long as they can... I guess it depends on what the contracts were
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:41 pm

Brain aneurysm. Happened NOLA.
DrProctor

Postby DrProctor » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:50 am

Preview, I just really paid attention to your avatar for the first time, and it makes me very uncomfortable. I hate unwelcome tongues!
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:56 pm

That was my intent 6 years ago. I knew that there would be one weird guy from the DFW that be uncomfortable about it.
DrProctor

Postby DrProctor » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:38 am

It's always a privilege to be a hero of prophecy, especially here in the DF Dub.

Return to “The Boozer”