Ideas

Post anything that's on your mind about our forum...
cbogdewi

Ideas

Postby cbogdewi » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:29 am

Is there any way to get Scott to dig up sound clips of the most awkward moments on the air? I was just thinking the other day when Terry said "Peter or Jody was gonna be fired..." and it got super awkward...I was laughing my ass off.

I know there have been other tension-filled/weird moments that would be awesome to revisit!!

Like a Top 10 Awkwardly-Wrong moments...

by the way, I nominate the clip when Terry said he wanted the hicks to come to they studio so they could "wipe their asses on the Givers heads."
BigWorm
Administrator
Administrator
How I listen: I Dont

Postby BigWorm » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:15 pm

I agree that would make a nice top 10 list
I didn't mean anything I just said. I love Lex & Terry. They are perfect and so is the show.
USMC_Dude
VIP
VIP

Postby USMC_Dude » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:05 am

I posted this in the DBF forum.... what about a web cam online while the show is airing. I'm sure it's been brought up already. So I'm curiouse as to why there isn't one.
My opinions do not reflect the views of the Military or the Marine Corps in any way. There... got that crap out of the way.

Semper Fi
miamivice69

Postby miamivice69 » Thu May 05, 2005 10:23 pm

Guys, I hate to do this, but I have to be honest. I have been a fan for many years so I have got to tell
you like it is. The show is getting stale to the point of sucking. I am not sure if your egos are beginning
getting in the way of your talent and judgement, but you seem to give up on things that work and are
funny in favor of bits that don’t.

Take DBF. It was better when you posted reveling pictures of the contestants. It wasn’t about seeing
boobs. There are plenty of places on the web for that. It was about listeners feeling like they were part
of the show.

Kim - Whose idea was it to hire her. Sure she is hot and probably has a great personality, but it doesn’t
come through on the radio. The only thing that is clear is that were is absolutely no on-air chemistry
between you guy and her. She is a big part of why the show is starting to suck.

Melissa - I know you had no control over this, but her leaving hurt the show. She is a natural comedian
with a great sense of timing and there was great chemistry.

Dee - Hiring him was a great idea, but who is the genius that put him on the phones. He is good enough
that he should be a big part of the show. What a waste of talent.

Make Me a Star - good idea, but it is dragging on too long. Wrap it up and move on.

Current events - People love this stuff and there is so much comic potential. Michael Jackson, Paula
Abdul to name just two. I know the show is about giving advice, but lately the calls suck. You need to
change up. Lately, the only time the show is any good are the best.of. (Thanks Scott for your great
work)

Scott - A great asset. The Gary Bussey melt down was the funniest segments of the year. Funny, until
you guys took the call, then it went down hill.

I still believe in you guys. If I didn’t I would just change the channel I am posting to give constructive
criticism
Starchild

Postby Starchild » Fri May 06, 2005 2:33 am

miamivice69 wrote:Guys, I hate to do this, but I have to be honest. I have been a fan for many years so I have got to tell
you like it is. The show is getting stale to the point of sucking. I am not sure if your egos are beginning
getting in the way of your talent and judgement, but you seem to give up on things that work and are
funny in favor of bits that don’t.

All I can say is good thing you don't live overseas. There is absolutely NOTHING good on the radio here and I'm talking about Armed Forced Network. I'd love to hear some Lex and Terry, stale or not. I just found out that they are now streaming live online. So, here's a thumbs up to you guys...I miss ya!!
ShaneZ
VIP
VIP

Postby ShaneZ » Fri May 06, 2005 6:00 am

... and a bad day of L&T is hella better than a great day on all those other shitty morning radio shows. my .02
Shmoopy

Postby Shmoopy » Fri May 06, 2005 7:28 am

ShaneZ wrote:... and a bad day of L&T is hella better than a great day on all those other shitty morning radio shows. my .02

Maybe they been doing the show too long. They shouldnt be happy with bad days and work to make themselves better. there is always room for improvement in anything anyone does.

I agree with the poster and his views.
Users lose drugs.
BeeF

Postby BeeF » Fri May 06, 2005 11:06 am

why not hook up a web cam and let listens view what is going on? Yea calls have been on the down side but there have been some good calls in there. I think the show is good but there is always room for improvement. Used to be more pictures of the DBF's whats going on with that???
peanut

Postby peanut » Mon May 09, 2005 2:42 pm

i just joined, really disappointed when saw a pic of Kim, guys made it sound like she was hot and she is nothing special
miamivice69

Postby miamivice69 » Wed May 11, 2005 11:39 am

jayville wrote:amazing. supposed fans bitching. and the topic poster wants to f`n produce the show.

If we weren't fans we wouldn't be bitching, we'd be changing the station. They don't do the show for themselves. It is done for the fans. No fan=no ratings=no sponsers =no show.

The only way they truly know when the show sucks and when it doesn't is when someone tells them. Being a fan doesn't mean you have to kiss their ass and tell them how great they are even when they aren't.
SportFukn
VIP
VIP
How I listen: Rock 104

Postby SportFukn » Wed May 11, 2005 1:14 pm

Haha....now THAT shiznit made me laugh out loud! You guys are the light of my life! :lol:
Talent is God-given; be humble.
Fame is man-given; be thankful.
Conceit is self-given; be careful.
BigWorm
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BigWorm » Wed May 11, 2005 2:16 pm

Yeah... The new lexandterryforum.com forum started the beginning of this year.
I didn't mean anything I just said. I love Lex & Terry. They are perfect and so is the show.
miamivice69

Postby miamivice69 » Wed May 11, 2005 2:28 pm

jayville wrote:you are wrong. they hate it when people/fans tell them how to do their show. they dont come to 711 and tell you how to make the slurpys.

Don't agree with you. It's just part of the act. That would be like a comedian saying they don't care if they make people laugh. I am not telling them what to do, just expressing an opinion on this forum. Maybe they read it, maybe not.
miamivice69

Postby miamivice69 » Wed May 11, 2005 2:30 pm

BigWorm wrote:Yeah... The new lexandterryforum.com forum started the beginning of this year.

Nice Avatar Big Worm. I hope the forum takes off. Any chance of the Givers posting from time to time. I bet that would make it take off like a rocket
BigWorm
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BigWorm » Wed May 11, 2005 4:36 pm

They had a board at this same address but the guy who ran it did not want to spend the time to keep it moderated so it was ran into the ground.

Return to “Questions, Comments or ideas”