SHOOTING

Post anything that's on your mind about our forum...
bbox696
VIP
VIP
How I listen: 99X

SHOOTING

Postby bbox696 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:06 pm

alyssaaquino
How I listen: 97.1

Postby alyssaaquino » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:27 pm

That's just horrible.
HBK
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: Q102 Springfield MO

Postby HBK » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:33 pm

My question is, how in the hell can one person shoot two people and then come back a couple of hours later and shoot another thirty. Where in the hell were the police?!
"You'd have to be a real boob to not be abreast of the Lingerie Football League rules to the point they call you a bust. As for the replacement refs, a rack of bad calls means they should implant some improvements before this whole thing goes tits up."
bbox696
VIP
VIP

Postby bbox696 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:40 pm

It must have been something going on for them to feel this was isolated to shut ever thing down , I guess he felt he didn't get the coverage he wanted and went off , or he set up a diversion . The campus should have shut down now they are going to pay for it , nobody knew anything until it was to late .
OUTLAWWV
VIP
VIP
How I listen: 100.1 WCLG

Postby OUTLAWWV » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:27 pm

unbelievable !!! -- i'm going this week to start the process of getting a concealed carry permit -- these are crazy times we live in
bbox696
VIP
VIP

Postby bbox696 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:04 pm

I have a permit , and to think people want to take the gun out of my hand . The rest of the story needs to come out , I saw the news and they give any new info out . 8:00 p.m.
pvtjoker
VIP
VIP
How I listen: fuck radio...podcast

Postby pvtjoker » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:31 pm

It must have been something going on for them to feel this was isolated to shut ever thing down

I read the police first thought they were responding to a isolated domestic call...that started the confusion...
she's a man...it's a sled...he's dead already...
pvtjoker
VIP
VIP

Postby pvtjoker » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:31 pm

I have a permit, and to think people want to take the gun out of my hand

I have mine also...and feel the same way...
OUTLAWWV
VIP
VIP

Postby OUTLAWWV » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:24 pm

i think archie bunker had the right idea -- to stop hijacking just arm all the passengers -- if there would have been four or five other people with guns there today that son of a bitch would have probably tucked his tail and went home -- i just get pissed and sick when i hear about this sort of stuff -- 32 college kids - 6 girls in a schoolhouse - i forget how many people in that mall a while back - columbine -- we need to start shooting back
SportFukn
VIP
VIP
How I listen: Rock 104

Postby SportFukn » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:16 am

Unfortunately, this is going to set off a firestorm of politicians exploiting this event. Already has in some cases.

Personally, I wonder if the death toll would have been less if one of the students would have been armed.

I can't say it would have been better, but I can't imagine it would have been worse.

I've had my concealed weapons permit for 8 years, and never had to use a gun in a situation other than hunting and killing the occasional snake that slithers up to the porch from the pine field.

The way I see it, this is a small scale version of what would happen if the American public were to become disarmed by the government. The people who wanted to commit acts like this would still be able to get them, there would just be less of a threat for them to worry about.

Why did the shooter have a "calm but serious look" on his face? He had nothing to fear.

It disgusts me, and somehow this will make all of us responsible gun owners look bad, and no one will ever stop to think that sometimes there are just sick people in this world who get off on this type of carnage, and then take the coward's way out by taking their own life.

So it goes.

Either way, I will bow out of this thread for a while. I've said too much already, and would rather wait a few days out of respect for the dead to weigh in on secondary issues like gun control. Hell, that is the least important thing at a time like this.
Talent is God-given; be humble.
Fame is man-given; be thankful.
Conceit is self-given; be careful.
pvtjoker
VIP
VIP

Postby pvtjoker » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:58 pm

I bet Imus is sitting at home wishing all this shit had went down two weeks ago...
SportFukn
VIP
VIP
How I listen: Rock 104

Postby SportFukn » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:03 pm

Haha...now THAT right there is funny!
Talent is God-given; be humble.

Fame is man-given; be thankful.

Conceit is self-given; be careful.
OUTLAWWV
VIP
VIP

Postby OUTLAWWV » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:55 pm

i had basically the same thought today -- sad to say but it got him out of the spotlight
pvtjoker
VIP
VIP

Postby pvtjoker » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:13 pm

Unfortunately, this is going to set off a firestorm of politicians exploiting this event

The traditional Democrat view on the handgun agenda is clear…as they have done in the past they will use an event like this to push for tougher handgun laws and possibly a overall firearm ban and confiscation agenda.

As usual, almost all of the Democrats will vote for these bills, and almost all of the Republicans will vote against them.

Democrats promoting these bills will attempt to take popular traditional self-defense and sporting semi-automatic handguns and redefine them as "assault weapons". The definition uses arbitrary political definitions, that have no rational basis, to ban as many firearm models as possible. This happened in California in 2000 or 2001 after a rash of mass killings…
MR.GATOR
VIP
VIP

Postby MR.GATOR » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:19 pm

I have no comment to make except that I will make no more comments except that 33 families are now with out a loved one and my heart goes out for those families.

The piece of crap that did that.....
Paintball Play'r

" GOT BALLS?"

Return to “Questions, Comments or ideas”