SHOOTING

Post anything that's on your mind about our forum...
pvtjoker
VIP
VIP
How I listen: fuck radio...podcast

Postby pvtjoker » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:26 pm

I say it's a perfect time to declare our long delayed war against N. Korea...
she's a man...it's a sled...he's dead already...
MR.GATOR
VIP
VIP

Postby MR.GATOR » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:18 am

Listening to the show this morning on my drive in (Wednesday 4/18 ) they got into a heated argument over firearms and such.
Just a couple things I'd like to throw out there:

1.) If there was some one there that had a concealed weapon, don't you think that less people would have been killed?

2.) Lex and Terry were arguing with Peter about who should own a firearm and red flags. Putting it in their own terms; Lex should not be a firearm owner because he is a self-admitted drug user with a history of using illegal drugs. Terry should not own a firearm because I heard him at the very end of one segment say "I just want to shoot you". A life threatening statement made public over the radio.

I am not a card carring NRA member nor do I carry a consealed weapons license, but I will say this - I own. I also live at the end of a road with seven houses - no less than five of those homeowners are armed.
Like Terry said "Don't F with me" or my neighbors.
Paintball Play'r

" GOT BALLS?"

SportFukn
VIP
VIP
How I listen: Rock 104

Postby SportFukn » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:40 am

There was an incident at a college near there, I think, some time ago when someone shot and killeda teacher (maybe a student, I can't remember) and two armed students subdued the shooter and allowed him to be arrested.

Who knows how many lives they saved that day.

It's all a big hypothetical debate, but it is my right as a legal US Citizen to own and possess a gun. I am an avid hunter and target shooter, and my wife is pretty damn sporty with a Mossberg pump also. I feel pretty safe in that fact. I wish the same could have been said for some of those at Va. Tech.
Talent is God-given; be humble.
Fame is man-given; be thankful.
Conceit is self-given; be careful.
Aquarium Drinker
VIP
VIP
How I listen: WXNR

Postby Aquarium Drinker » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:29 pm

Maybe they should have let Marcus Vick stay in school, that kid's certainly not shy about brandishing weapons. :twisted:
bbox696
VIP
VIP
How I listen: 99X

Postby bbox696 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:00 pm

Lex should not be a firearm owner because he is a self-admitted drug user with a history of using illegal drugs.

What kind of comment is that , that just sounds like bullshit to me . I really didn't care for their comments this morning especially Terry , I just don't care for his view points sometimes , seems to me he is real quick to cast a judgement on some body .
pvtjoker
VIP
VIP

Postby pvtjoker » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:19 pm

"I just want to shoot you". A life threatening statement made public over the radio.

He was joking...and at one point he did say things might have been different if one or more students or a teacher had been armed...L&T weren't arguing with Peter about firearms...they were just arguing with Peter...in that case the subject doesn't matter...
pvtjoker
VIP
VIP

Postby pvtjoker » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:23 pm

Mossberg pump

I have a mdl. 500...what do you got...?
bbox696
VIP
VIP

Postby bbox696 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:38 pm

I've got a couple moss pumps.autos and levers.
JUST SOME DUDE
VIP
VIP
How I listen: podcast

Postby JUST SOME DUDE » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:47 pm

i've modded my 12 gauge with an a extended mag, it holds 9 shells of double aught buckshot...
SportFukn
VIP
VIP

Postby SportFukn » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:03 pm

My firearms are strictly for hunting or target shooting (sporting clays). I have 2 pistols, a Sig 220 45, which stays in my truck, and the other in my glove box, a Beretta 9MM with a shoulder holster for when I need to carry it. Which, quite honestly, is rarely.
Last edited by SportFukn on Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MR.GATOR
VIP
VIP

Postby MR.GATOR » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:03 pm

Hey, guys....I was just playing off of just what they were talking about...raising the 'red flag' and how silly it can turn into - crazy.
I was never on a debate team, but I know that I heard one this morning.

My point was that it was a stupid discussion and I agree with Peter for the most part.
I also stated my point that if more people had consealed handguns, less mass murders like what happend at VT would NOT be happening.
Paintball Play'r

" GOT BALLS?"

SportFukn
VIP
VIP

Postby SportFukn » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:07 pm

I am against anything that takes away from the rights and freedoms of the people guaranteed under the constitution.

Limiting the rights of the citizens to bear arms is definitely in that category.

Nodachi
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: Podcast

Postby Nodachi » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:28 pm

Important fact: 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

I get so weary of politicians using isolated tragedies to take away our rights as they were laid out in our constitution. They alway harp away about gun crime and act as if the guns cause the crime. Well following that same logic, If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
pvtjoker
VIP
VIP

Postby pvtjoker » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:46 pm

the rights and freedoms of the people guaranteed under the constitution

Like I was saying...action happens after events like this...States are guilty of violating the Second Amendment...a Federal statute limiting gun rights would be unconstitutional...but that hasn't stopped them (The Gun Control Act of 1968)...proponents of gun rights for this reason should not rely so much on the poorly worded Second Amendment...even if...as gun opponents charge...the Second Amendment does not provide an "individual" right to bear arms...Congress is nowhere empowered to regulate or ban the ownership of weapons...if there were no Second Amendment Federal laws regulating gun ownership are simply unconstitutional...the Ninth Amendment prohibits such an inference...
bbox696
VIP
VIP

Postby bbox696 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:05 pm

YEAH , thats what I'm talkin about . I have a 44mag super red hawk dirty harry style pistol with stainless steel finish , 4x nikon scope stl , 9.5 inch barrel it stays in the truck in quick lock box ,if you don't hit them you'll dam sure to scare the hell out of them .. good break down Joker ..

Return to “Questions, Comments or ideas”