MONDAY 12/23/13 thru FRIDAY 12/27/13

Discuss the daily show's related stories and current show topics.
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: ONLINE

MONDAY 12/23/13 thru FRIDAY 12/27/13

Postby licyourface » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:12 am

CHRISTMAS WEEK BEST OFS
J-mental
VIP
VIP
How I listen: Podcast

Re: MONDAY 12/23/13

Postby J-mental » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:17 am

So, I'm assuming Best Of today. I wonder if it'll be a Christmas Themed Best Of or just the same 20 segments Dee strings together in different orders like normal. Could be worth it to listen if there's some old content in there.
"I want you to remember that. I wanted to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, and in your most private moments, I want you to remember the one MAN who beat you..."
caputo350
How I listen: podcast

Re: MONDAY 12/23/13 thru FRIDAY 12/27/13

Postby caputo350 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:43 am

Catching up on the best of's, I'm actually just getting to the Thanksgiving best of's. Hearing some stuff I'd never heard before, including a time Dee pretended to have passed out in the break room and 911 was called and the guys got in trouble. Anyone remember this?
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:21 am

Yeah, that was when Dee just started with the guys.....EMS Techs responded, and the guys got a good "talking to" for it. Taint kinda did something of the same effect but it was directly in the studio (blood coming from his ear- Bizkit was the target).....
But the best of them all was when the studio used to get Collection Agencies looking for "Oscar".....they think he put his contact # down as the studio #, so the guys would get companies trying to collect money....Well, Lex took it to the highest level one day, commenting on how" he cant take it any more"....he played the fact of try and get money from a dead guy......this went on for a bit then Scott played the "cocking gun- with gunshot" sound bite....
Later that morning some poor person had their front door kicked in by the police thinking there was a suicide....They SAY it never got aired.....I remember that like it was yesterday, I had looked at some co-workers and said.."did they just REALLY that???"
For years I have been looking for this little piece of audio....a member here used to "tape" and post the show for some of us, and guys overseas (before podcasts)......I KNOW it is out there...
Needless to say the guys got into a BIG nasty situation with the company and I think the FCC....
Yeah if Dee is digging that far back.....obviously there hasnt been anything recent that would ever be considered "Best Of" material.......it is sad
demoknite

Postby demoknite » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:30 pm

Axel wrote:Yeah, that was when Dee just started with the guys.....EMS Techs responded, and the guys got a good "talking to" for it. Taint kinda did something of the same effect but it was directly in the studio (blood coming from his ear- Bizkit was the target).....
But the best of them all was when the studio used to get Collection Agencies looking for "Oscar".....they think he put his contact # down as the studio #, so the guys would get companies trying to collect money....Well, Lex took it to the highest level one day, commenting on how" he cant take it any more"....he played the fact of try and get money from a dead guy......this went on for a bit then Scott played the "cocking gun- with gunshot" sound bite....
Later that morning some poor person had their front door kicked in by the police thinking there was a suicide....They SAY it never got aired.....I remember that like it was yesterday, I had looked at some co-workers and said.."did they just REALLY that???"
For years I have been looking for this little piece of audio....a member here used to "tape" and post the show for some of us, and guys overseas (before podcasts)......I KNOW it is out there...
Needless to say the guys got into a BIG nasty situation with the company and I think the FCC....
Yeah if Dee is digging that far back.....obviously there hasnt been anything recent that would ever be considered "Best Of" material.......it is sad

Dude I swear I remember hearing that too, but thought it was on sudden death. I searched through many and could not find it. If anyone ever finds it, I will pay money.
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:53 pm

...I dont remember them re-playing it....but like I said I remember EXACTLY where I was at the time this was aired....I think it was either Joker, Gator, Nadachi ...who knows, but someone used to "tape" the show,upload it, and post a link..(basically a podcast, before it was official)....someone has it somewhere, besides Dee....and you KNOW he aint coming off shit!! He is STILL sitting his fat ass on all those DBF sessions we were told at some point become available to subscribers YEARS ago...
Demo, this show used to be a integral part of my day / life.....my job at the time was tedious and long...the show would get me to the point where lunch was a 2 hour away...That was when the show was actually 4 hours...I hang on, little by little...i feel as though I owe it...not to the guys but mostly The Show (Peet, Scott, Taint, Rusty, Lex, and of course only if she is having a "good ass day" Kim)...
I just dont know anymore....I have a feeling things may change after the new year...but not for the good
J-mental
VIP
VIP

Postby J-mental » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:01 am

Axel, I like you man. But you gotta realize now that all their bullshit talk whenever they relaunch their website will never happen. They won't update their sections, you ain't getting SHIT for extra content, and they're gonna bitch and moan if you complain cause it sucks.

I think with every single relaunch of the website (And seriously, there has to have been a baker's dozen of them by now) we've been promised some form of extra content we've never gotten.

The only thing I can ever think of that we got, off hand, was the uncensored Drunk Kim show. And I honestly think that was sometime back when Bush was still President.
"I want you to remember that. I wanted to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, and in your most private moments, I want you to remember the one MAN who beat you..."
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: ONLINE

Postby licyourface » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:02 am

Dee passing out and 911 being called was a story they used to tell. It didnt happen on air. It truly happened but way back in the first jacksonville stint before dee was even full time yet. There wasnt even a podcast yet back then.
J-mental
VIP
VIP

Postby J-mental » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:15 pm

It did happen on air. It's been on several best ofs. Just like the one in question here.
girlnerd
VIP
VIP

Postby girlnerd » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:29 pm

I actually just listened to the Dee passing out episode courtesy of the archives.
Aquarium Drinker
VIP
VIP
How I listen: WXNR

Postby Aquarium Drinker » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:35 pm

Axel wrote:Yeah if Dee is digging that far back.....obviously there hasnt been anything recent that would ever be considered "Best Of" material.......it is sad

People used to bitch about it when they ran the recent stuff in the Best of's too, said Jason or Dee were just being lazy, just can't win...
caputo350

Postby caputo350 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:41 pm

J-mental wrote:Axel, I like you man. But you gotta realize now that all their bullshit talk whenever they relaunch their website will never happen. They won't update their sections, you ain't getting SHIT for extra content, and they're gonna bitch and moan if you complain cause it sucks.

I think with every single relaunch of the website (And seriously, there has to have been a baker's dozen of them by now) we've been promised some form of extra content we've never gotten.

The only thing I can ever think of that we got, off hand, was the uncensored Drunk Kim show. And I honestly think that was sometime back when Bush was still President.

Yeah, the website is a joke. They hype it up for a week after every re-launch, then it goes by the wayside. Right now they have "big things in store for the new year" including supposedly making Sudden Death it's own independent show. Yeah, like that's going to happen. They don't do anything that requires any effort or preparation. All of the bits they do now (Round Table, Talk To a Star) consist of things they can throw together on the spot. Hell Terry couldn't even get around to calling John Jerkovich to get him to tell his Christmas story on-air.
caputo350

Postby caputo350 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:49 pm

Aquarium Drinker wrote:
Axel wrote:Yeah if Dee is digging that far back.....obviously there hasnt been anything recent that would ever be considered "Best Of" material.......it is sad

People used to bitch about it when they ran the recent stuff in the Best of's too, said Jason or Dee were just being lazy, just can't win...

Actually no, the bitching about Jason's Best Of's was regarding the fact that he was just filling space, rather than using best of quality material. He'd find some mediocre bit of Taint doing Spread my mom or something from the prior month and slap it up there, not because it was particularly good, but because it would fill a segment. One year he even used the exact same two weeks of shows for Christmas break that he had used the year prior.

In this recent crop of Best Of's Dee's thrown up some great in studio conversations and Rants that Ian is around for so you know they're recent. Admittedly they few and far between, any phone call now gets hung up on before it can develop into something great.
demoknite

Postby demoknite » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:06 pm

caputo350 wrote:
Aquarium Drinker wrote:

Actually no, the bitching about Jason's Best Of's was regarding the fact that he was just filling space, rather than using best of quality material. He'd find some mediocre bit of Taint doing Spread my mom or something from the prior month and slap it up there, not because it was particularly good, but because it would fill a segment. One year he even used the exact same two weeks of shows for Christmas break that he had used the year prior.

In this recent crop of Best Of's Dee's thrown up some great in studio conversations and Rants that Ian is around for so you know they're recent. Admittedly they few and far between, any phone call now gets hung up on before it can develop into something great.

The only thing that I liked about Jason's best of's was that he would have the guys talk about a segment coming up to set it up.
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:03 pm

Joker was the one that recorded the audio of the Sudden Death show that had the gun shot bit in it. I got it from him a few years ago. It is funny as shit.

Return to “Daily Recap”