Need help downloading podcast

mmmm..... podcast
MrsGoodHead

Need help downloading podcast

Postby MrsGoodHead » Sat May 27, 2006 10:14 am

Please don't call me a tard but I can't figure out how to d/l the podcast from here. I hit the download button and got the clock for 10 mins. When the clock finally stopped, it appeared that quicktime was streaming the podcast. I just want to d/l it so I can upload it to my Ipod.
Anyone want to help a girl out?

Btw, I do subscribe to the Podcast on itunes but don't update as often as needed and sometimes miss shows.
BigWorm
Administrator
Administrator
How I listen: I Dont

Postby BigWorm » Sat May 27, 2006 11:37 am

Yeah it sounds like quicktime has set IE to let it stream it...

I would recomend installing Firefox. You can get it at www.getfirefox.com

Let me know if you can download it using that.

BW
I didn't mean anything I just said. I love Lex & Terry. They are perfect and so is the show.
OUTLAWWV
VIP
VIP
How I listen: 100.1 WCLG

Postby OUTLAWWV » Sat May 27, 2006 11:52 am

i can't help with the pod cast issues -- but damn i like your user name -- welcome to the forum

outlaw
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: ONLINE

Postby licyourface » Sat May 27, 2006 12:53 pm

since you have an ipod and you are using itunes it should be the easiest for you. sounds like you need to change some of your preferences on itunes to make your life easier. on your itunes window click on edit at the top you will get a drop down menu and all the way at the bottom of your choices it will say "preferences" click on that the click on the tap for podcast. you will have several things you can change for example choose the option for itunes to check for new podcast every hour and to download all available episodes and to keep all episodes. theres also a tab for ipod where you can select for itunes to automatically loac it with the latest podcast you dont have yet when you plug it in to your computer. what software program do u normally use to load your ipod with music? if you have an actual apple ipod and your arent real computer savy your path of least resistance is to use itunes for the podcast as long as you change those preferences so it just does it all for you. if you ever want to just listen to an episode thats older that worm has on here after you select the day you want if you just click on download its going to just open quicktime or media player and start playing right from the site. if you want to save it to your computer you need to right click on download and then click on "save target as" and then pick a place for it to put it so u can find it easy like "desktop"
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby licyourface » Sat May 27, 2006 12:57 pm

oh and i'm assuming you are using broadband or dsl, if you are using dial up then thats your biggest problem and is the FIRST thing you should change :shock: life is way to busy for dial up...its a form of chinese torture
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby licyourface » Sat May 27, 2006 1:01 pm

thank you so much to who ever fixed the size of my sig pic. i was a good girl and edited it to be smaller before i added it to my profile but for some reason it came out huge and yes i chose "reduce" size not "increase" so its a mystery to me why it didnt work :wink:
MrsGoodHead

Postby MrsGoodHead » Sat May 27, 2006 3:34 pm

ThankyouThankyouThankyou Licyourface! I had those settings already set (after I noticed the podcasts started disappearing). I tried using the Save Target As and it worked. Yay!!

Thanks for the help BigWorm and for the welcome Outlawww. I visit the site alot but b/c I podcast I'm usually several shows behind. By the time I hear it, you guys have already bitched abt it & moved on. I do look fwd to the day I get fired from work by visiting the site too much & can catch up! :D
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby licyourface » Sat May 27, 2006 3:55 pm

for some reason on the last itunes version update, apple changed it to where instead of seeing all your podcasts you've downloaded and kept in your podcast section you only see the most recent one downloaded. click on library in the left column (right above podcasts) and then click podcasts in the genre column and it will show you all the ones you have. they arent gone it just goes ahead and files them away once a fresh one comes in. also another stupid thing with itunes, if you dont ever actually play the podcast on itunes it will stop automatically downloading new ones even though you have that option selected (it decides you must not be interested in it anymore....lol) so if you ever open it and dont see the latest one just click the update button yourself in the top right hand corner. as long as you have your ipod set to automatically sync and load when u plug it in though this shouldnt be a problem, so i'm guessing you went with another brand like i did. i have a sansa and use windows media player to load mine and it goes and gets the new files out of itunes everyday for me

Return to “Podcast”