two super geeky questions...

mmmm..... podcast
killersmurfo

two super geeky questions...

Postby killersmurfo » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:13 pm

The podcasts on this site---are they re-encoded at all from the versions distributed on iTunes or are they identical files, re-badged with the L&T Forum logo?

And secondly, sorry in advance for being so lame, but I was sorting through my archive of podcasts and noticed that the first L&T one I have is the August 8, 2005 show. From what I gather reading through the old threads, the podcasts first premiered somewhere between July 25th and August 1st officially. I'm missing maybe the first 5 episodes, 10 tops, (everything prior to August 8th, 2005). Is there any way that these could be reposted for download? I would be eternally grateful...

Thanks.
BigWorm
Administrator
Administrator
How I listen: I Dont

Postby BigWorm » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:48 am

1. Yes they are the same files with the forum logo added.

2. I will do some looking and see if I have any that old... I only see Podcasts in my collection that go back to November 2005.
I didn't mean anything I just said. I love Lex & Terry. They are perfect and so is the show.
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: ONLINE

Postby licyourface » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:15 am

what i'd love to get my hands on which will never happen, is the week they had to broadcast from west palm beach when cox wouldnt let them back in the bldg in jacksonville, there were no podcasts that week. that was the 1st week of august right? i asked peter about getting them at the time but in the midst of what was going on understandably it was the least of his concerns. he said if he got the files from the studio in wpb he would post them but he didnt really think anybody would be interested cuz the show wasnt that great that week under the circumstances. however i beg to differ, i heard one day of it but the rest of the week i couldnt listen.
killersmurfo

Postby killersmurfo » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:30 am

BigWorm wrote:I will do some looking and see if I have any that old... I only see Podcasts in my collection that go back to November 2005.

Well, in any event, thanks for checking... if anyone else out there has podcasts from before August 8th, 2005, let me know. If you're on dial up, I'd be willing to send a couple blank CD's and pay all shipping costs, whatever it takes...
BigWorm
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BigWorm » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:45 am

I think those will be ones that I made... that was pre podcast days...

I should have those around I will keep looking...

BW
I didn't mean anything I just said. I love Lex & Terry. They are perfect and so is the show.
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby licyourface » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:30 am

pretty sure youre right about the dates killer wants being during the time you were making and posting them BW. As far as me i looked back at my emails from peter and realized the week they left cox and went to wpb and did not post any podcasts was oct 3-7, 2005. peter said he had the files from wpb at the time but hadnt had time to compress them to mp3 and if he got time he would do it and post them but didnt feel anybody would care that much about that week. i think it was actually only the 4th 6th and 7th that were never done. that was one thing a little better about the old days when worm made them, no matter what happened we had a copy of the show for that day. for instance the power outtage at the dallas station last week, we still would have had the whole show that aired. so thanks for all that trouble u used to have to go thru b4 itunes worm :wink:
killersmurfo

Postby killersmurfo » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:13 pm

Hey thanks again for checking on that stuff BigWorm. One more thing...

I was looking through the bargain bin at the record store and found a copy of Lex & Terry "Mess With Texas". I'd be willing to upload it to the forum if you'd think people would want to hear it. Some of the stuff on it is pretty old, but still gets some play on the Best Ofs. Here's the tracklist---

1. Door Bell Ditch
2. Love Master's 900 Number
3. Who's More Pathetic - Corey vs. Jennifer
4. Lex & Terry - Okie Guy - Minimum Wage
5. Mom's New Carpet
6. The Beat Goes On
7. The Hairy Mole
8. Telephone Bitch Brawl
9. Howie The Bike Rack

Just let me know...
pvtjoker
VIP
VIP
How I listen: fuck radio...podcast

Postby pvtjoker » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:48 pm

I would be interested if BW allows it to be uploaded.
she's a man...it's a sled...he's dead already...
BigWorm
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BigWorm » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:52 pm

killersmurfo wrote:Hey thanks again for checking on that stuff BigWorm. One more thing...

I was looking through the bargain bin at the record store and found a copy of Lex & Terry "Mess With Texas". I'd be willing to upload it to the forum if you'd think people would want to hear it. Some of the stuff on it is pretty old, but still gets some play on the Best Ofs. Here's the tracklist---

1. Door Bell Ditch
2. Love Master's 900 Number
3. Who's More Pathetic - Corey vs. Jennifer
4. Lex & Terry - Okie Guy - Minimum Wage
5. Mom's New Carpet
6. The Beat Goes On
7. The Hairy Mole
8. Telephone Bitch Brawl
9. Howie The Bike Rack

Just let me know...

Yeah can you zip them and let me know how big the file is... I can get you a ftp user and pass to upload them.

Thanks!
BW
BigWorm
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BigWorm » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:53 pm

Also I have been unable to find any of the podcasts I made before Peter started...

I guess I deleted them... :(
killersmurfo

Postby killersmurfo » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:47 am

Hey BW, all zippped up the files are ~24 MB total. I just used the same compression as the podcasts (48 kbps / 22.050 kHz), but I've got no problem going back and using a higher bitrate if folks want better quality rips...

In the mean time, shoot me an e-mail and I'll get these uploaded.
BigWorm
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BigWorm » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:54 am

Yeah go ahead and rip them at like 192 I will pm you the ftp info now...
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby licyourface » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:04 am

kick ass thanks guys i look forward to being able to download that and check it out. :mrgreen:
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby licyourface » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:11 am

Worm, do you think Peter would be willing to dig up the files from those 3 days of the week they were in wpb i mentioned earlier and send them to you to convert to mp3 and post on here? Peter lacked faith in our sick dedication as fans and the quality of the show that week but i'm willing to bet i'm not the only one who missed those airings altogether and would love to have the files.
BigWorm
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BigWorm » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:24 am

I will shoot him a email and see if he can get those to me...

Return to “Podcast”