Podcast problems

mmmm..... podcast
Axel
VIP
VIP

Podcast problems

Postby Axel » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:03 am

This is my first time "posting " anything so please be patient with me.
I am a LOOOOOOOONG time listner, for years I would listen live (savannah, Ga.). Due to a employment change I can no longer listen as I used to and have been podcasting loyally everday. I have run into a MAJOR PROBLEM, it may be simple to someone else but I'm at my whits end!!!
The podcast problem I am having started around the beginning of the month. Itunes will "update" and list shows that have not downloaded with "get" on the left side. As I click on "get" itunes appears to be contacting, then a "!" appears on the left side, andn when I click on it it says "trouble downloading "lex and terry"- system timed out. I only have this problem with podcasts. I haven't chjanged anything or installed anything, I have also restored my system(windows xp) prior the trouble date.
I have done the following to correct this with no luck if ANYONE can help PLEASE.
Updated itunes, cleand up my system,removed itunes ,reinstalled itunes, unsubscribed , subscribed, loaded itunes to my laptop (thinking it may be my computer), contacted my internet provider (comcast)-they gave me a new modem, chechd my speed- no problems. I have even taken my laptop to a wireless hotspot, still no luck.
I have tried to upload the downloaded podcasts from L&T Forum to my MP3 player, it does not recognise the file.
I contacted Peter, he hasn't got a clue, itunes support was no help, Can anyone help this long time listner, PLEASE!!!
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: ONLINE

Postby licyourface » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:37 am

wow ok to address getting it from here: what type of mp3 player do you have and what software did you use to add the podcast you downloaded from the forum to it?
also when you downloaded from the forum did you right click on the download button and select "save target as" ?
as far as your itunes issue the only other thing it could be is your virus software. have you checked to make sure your firewall on your virus software has itunes listed as an exception? or if you are just using windows firewall you need to turn that son of a bitch off cuz it is the worst about interfering with stuff it should not.
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:55 am

Firewall has been turned off, no luck. MP3 player is a sansa, also a siren. When downloading the podcasts from forum, it automatically opens windows media player and saves to it. I am unfamiliar with this file as I locate it.
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:08 am

GOT IT_ Just by right clicking on the download I was able to download it clean as a MP3. No problems with the player or software. Thankyou SOOOOOOOOOOO much. I'v got some podcasts to catch uo on.....
I'll Holla
Axel Savannah-FREAK
CG
VIP
VIP
How I listen: Podcast

Postby CG » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:11 am

YAY !!
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby licyourface » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:37 pm

Axel wrote:GOT IT_ Just by right clicking on the download I was able to download it clean as a MP3. No problems with the player or software. Thankyou SOOOOOOOOOOO much. I'v got some podcasts to catch uo on.....
I'll Holla
Axel Savannah-FREAK

i figured thats all you were doing wrong. save them to your desktop then always use windows media player to load your sansa rather than its software. in your windows media player click add to library and choose "by searching computer" and then select "desktop" then click search. once its in your windows media player library right click on the file and select add to sync list then click start sync. (of course do all this with your player connected to your computer 8) )
that will work for you for now but we need to figure what the deal is with your itunes not downloading files.
SuZ61
How I listen: The Buzz

Postby SuZ61 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:40 pm

Well, Lic, maybe we need to go back to the advice that you have given so many people when they have encountered this problem...cancel your subscription and re-subscribe. It always worked for me.
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby licyourface » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:42 pm

check something for me, open itunes, click edit at the top, you'll get a drop down menu, select preferences, then click the podcasts tab, make sure you choices on this tab are to check for new downloads "every hour "and to "download all" and to "keep all". then try deleting lex and terry one more time and when you do select to send it to the recycle bin then empty your recycle bin then go to the music store and subscribe to them again and let me know what happens.
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby licyourface » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:43 pm

SuZ61 wrote:Well, Lic, maybe we need to go back to the advice that you have given so many people when they have encountered this problem...cancel your subscription and re-subscribe. It always worked for me.

yeah he said he tried that but i think he needs to change his preferences now and try it again cuz thats just as important.
SuZ61
How I listen: The Buzz

Postby SuZ61 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:07 pm

I have also had similar problems, but I think they were related to my anti-virus software (which you also have mentioned). I actually have to close my virus protection to get internet browswers to work now. Apparently many of these virus programs aren't built for multiple user computers. So since there are profiles on my computer for myself, my daughter, and visitors I'm screwed. But there are ways around it.
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby licyourface » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:30 pm

alot of virus software is a royal pain in the ass
the best least interfering ones i've found are kaspersky (u can try it free for 30 days)
and one worm turned me on to AVG free edition which is free indefinately

all the other ones run updates and scans in the background without asking first even though they arent supposed to and they jack up whatever you are trying to do on the internet at the time, being it download or run other software.
mcafee is the absolute worst offender NEVER use that one
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby licyourface » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:31 pm

oh and if you have aol on your computer do yourself a favor and remove it. i finally weened myself off of it and my computer runs MUCH more efficiently now.

Return to “Podcast”