I need a podcast, someone help!

mmmm..... podcast
splangy

Postby splangy » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:15 am

G'morning all.

Pertaining to the reason I even joined the forum, I work for a rather large telecommunications company as a graphic designer. I work in a small, dungeon-like office with 6 fellow designers. We're surrounded by no less than 80 sales reps at any given time of the day. No offense to any sales reps in the forum, but you guys are the most idiosynchratic bunch of crazies out there.

Anyway, one of my fellow designers rigged his XM radio to his workstation and, soon after, discovered Lex & Terry. He showed up at my desk with a burned disc containing 3 of the "best of" shows from the end of last month. Needless to say, I love the show. The morning shows here in Raleigh, NC are decent... if you like to be inundated with the same dick and fart jokes over and over again.

So, I started looking for an online streaming feed that broadcasts the show, since I'm too stubborn to splurge for XM. That's when I found the forum. I read a few posts and thought, "Hey! I dig these guys (and gals). Finally, people with things to say and, equally, people that aren't afraid to be completely random."

So, on a random note, have you ever wondered who performs Muzak? You know the stuff they play in elevators, grocery stores, corporate bathrooms? I mean, I would hate if I were a Muzak performer who put their heart and soul into a flute solo for some mediocre, new age song only to find it's being played in one or two elevators accross the country.

And you can't brag about something like that. What if you were the guy who composed the wildly popular Muzak tune, "The Girl from Ipanema" and found yourself standing in an elevator with a bunch of people? You couldn't nudge the person next to you and say, "You know, I composed the Muzak arrangement of this song. This is my work."
SportFukn
VIP
VIP
How I listen: Rock 104

Postby SportFukn » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:14 am

I've pondered that before, actually. As a flutist, is that when you know you have arrived "in the big leagues"?

Son: "Hey mom, guess what? I totally got a gig playing muzak! My lifelong dream has come to fruition!"

Mom: "That's great son, fucking loser."
Talent is God-given; be humble.
Fame is man-given; be thankful.
Conceit is self-given; be careful.
bbox696
VIP
VIP
How I listen: 99X

Postby bbox696 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:00 am

Muzak is that bastered of a channel , it usually plays the one song I recognize and it sticks in my head all day .
SportFukn
VIP
VIP

Postby SportFukn » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:26 am

Usually something like Smooth Operator by Sade.

splangy

Postby splangy » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:44 am

Or "Time, Love and Tenderness" by Michael Bolton.

This leads me to my next thought. When I was growing up, I remember hearing a lot of crappy music in the backseat of my parents' car. Since I couldn't drive and dare not reach for the tuner knob on the stereo, I was stuck listening to "The Heart of Rock n' Roll" by Huey Lewis and the News for about 16 years of my life.

So, not only was that song and other such crappy music stuck in my head, but I know the words! I know the words to the Electric Slide song, people! I know the words to half of Gloria Estefan's catalog of music! I have retained that useless information for years and it won't go away!

Aside from burning alive in the white-hot, eternal flames of Hell for eons and eons while being repeatedly tortured and killed a thousand times over only to be resurrected as an even more demonic, deadened version of your former self :evil: , I suppose listening to that kind of music isn't all that bad.
SportFukn
VIP
VIP

Postby SportFukn » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:07 pm

Hell no it ain't bad!

I mean, I can get panties moist in a karaoke bar by belting out Crocodile Rock in the right key!

shoehorn
VIP
VIP
How I listen: q102

Postby shoehorn » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:09 pm

Actually, just got the new Muzaks installed...the music selection is "somewhat" better with the 75 muzak stations available now. Of course it's all shit though. It's the crap that isn't supposed to offend anyone. Name one decent song that at least one person won't find offensive and possibly sue for...fucking bastards.

Second, I hope to God that you meant in the backseat, alone, while riding to somewhere with your parents. When making such statements around here, it's smart to clarify.

Finally.....hell, no to the music isn't that bad. God knows I'd take hell over being stuck in an elevator with shitty music....'specially if it's full of carnies.
splangy

Postby splangy » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:24 pm

I s'pose it would be wise to clarify, what with the umpteen hundred slow motion boob bouncing movie captures on this thread alone. I'm not complaining, by the way. To clarify my childhood anecdote, YES I was alone in the backseat. Or maybe I had an imaginary friend. Strangely enough, I think my imaginary friend was a movie capture of boobs bouncing.
shoehorn
VIP
VIP

Postby shoehorn » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:35 pm

I guess you can then consider this forum the coming to life of your imaginary friend.

Oh, and I just started doing the gifs just cuz everyone else was.

And yes, I would jump off the bridge.
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: ONLINE

Postby licyourface » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:55 pm

GOOD GRIEF you guys take forever to say nothing........youre like a buncha bitches :mrgreen:
shoehorn
VIP
VIP

Postby shoehorn » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:57 pm

suck it :lol:
HBK
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: Q102 Springfield MO

Postby HBK » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:33 pm

SportFukn wrote:I mean, I can get panties moist in a karaoke bar by belting out Crocodile Rock in the right key!

See Sport, if you would have been able to make it up, the Flora-Bama already has bras and panties hanging from the celing. What a place!
"You'd have to be a real boob to not be abreast of the Lingerie Football League rules to the point they call you a bust. As for the replacement refs, a rack of bad calls means they should implant some improvements before this whole thing goes tits up."
CG
VIP
VIP
How I listen: Podcast

Postby CG » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:49 pm

[font=Comic Sans MS]Bras and panties hanging from the ceiling?, Is the Health Dept. aware of that?[/font] :lol:
7thunder7

Postby 7thunder7 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:11 pm

BRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PANTIES!!!!!!!!!!
WHERE???????? :shock: :wink:
CG
VIP
VIP
How I listen: Podcast

Postby CG » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:49 pm

[font=Comic Sans MS]Did you lose yours, bbox? There's an extra pair/set here for guests, I'll find
you some, not to worry, then. Lace or latex?[/font] 8)

Return to “Podcast”