mmmm..... podcast
camman
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby camman » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:33 pm

It still sounds good though? Right?
Torgo

Postby Torgo » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:35 pm

It sounds great! I think this is the better way to listen personally.
BigWorm
Administrator
Administrator
How I listen: I Dont

Postby BigWorm » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:06 pm

Yeah.. It sounds the same to me
I didn't mean anything I just said. I love Lex & Terry. They are perfect and so is the show.
camman
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby camman » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:11 pm

excellent!
jshoemaker

No Podcasts showing up

Postby jshoemaker » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:13 am

I don't know if anyone else if having this problem, but when I tried to add the Podcast to iTunes, there were not any shows showing up. I looked at the URL and it was listed as http://lexandterry.com/rss/default.xml. Once I went to Advanced on the iTunes menu bar and typed in the URL with the www, everything worked fine. I guess this is something that is messed up with the iTunes link.
BigWorm
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BigWorm » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:18 am

Thanks for the heads up... and welcome to the forum!
I didn't mean anything I just said. I love Lex & Terry. They are perfect and so is the show.
camman
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: No Podcasts showing up

Postby camman » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:38 am

jshoemaker wrote:I don't know if anyone else if having this problem, but when I tried to add the Podcast to iTunes, there were not any shows showing up. I looked at the URL and it was listed as http://lexandterry.com/rss/default.xml. Once I went to Advanced on the iTunes menu bar and typed in the URL with the www, everything worked fine. I guess this is something that is messed up with the iTunes link.

When you open up iTunes, on the left under "source" click on "Podcasts." That should show you all the podcasts you've subscribed to. Just to the left of the name of the Podcast (where it says Lex and Terry morning radio network) there's a little triangle. If you click the triangle, it'll show you all the Podcasts you have of that show and if there's any available that you haven't downloaded yet.

Don't know if that will solve the issue or not, but hopefully it helps.
jshoemaker

Postby jshoemaker » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:18 pm

Does the podcast that is posted on this site come from the same place the one posted on iTunes does? If so, why does this site reliably have the podcast and it is hit or miss with iTunes? I have been able to download 2 podcasts via iTunes, shows from 8/8 and 8/9, and I get nothing for 8/10, but it is available via this forum. Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful that the show is available as a podcast. I currently live in Hawaii and we don't get the show here and I am finally able to listen again after 2 years, but it is frustrating to have to go looking for the file.
camman
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby camman » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:51 pm

The file that's posed in the "download" section is the same file that you would get through iTunes. However, there may be issues with iTunes based on the number of people trying to use iTunes to download the show at the same time. I see BigWorm already has today's show in the download's section. I always try to test the iTunes connection and for about the last 2 hours I haven't been able to get iTunes to download the show for me. Obviously Worm got it, but I can't right now. I'd just try a little later..... Just tried it agian. When I click update in my podcasts, it doesn't even show that there's a new one up yet.
peet
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby peet » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:52 pm

i would suggest the reason is that the source of the file from ITunes is actually our site. The traffic we are moving with the podcast is massive. As soon as we post the file, the bandwidth goes nuts. We are averaging about 15mg as sec. For any computer geeks out there, let me put it this way: If the internet connection at your house is a garden hose, the connection needed to push 15mg a sec is like 10 firehoses. We are sending more data from our site in a day now, than we were in an entire month before the podcast. So, that means that at time, the server is so clogged that you might get pushed out. This is a great example as to why we haven't done a video stream.

The good news is that we are moving the podcast to a dedicated server in the near future. The result will be that the podcast downloads will not effect the website and visa versa and thankfully, we will dramatically reduce our cost.
Last edited by peet on Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kip
VIP
VIP

Postby Kip » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:56 pm

"Internet people are losers."

-Terry Jaymes (From Monday's show I think it was)
JD: Your ex-wife, she's the answer.
Dr. Cox: Umm, things that ruined my life, things that took half my money, things with sharp edges!
-Scrubs

BigWorm
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BigWorm » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:02 pm

The podcast file on this site is on a different server.
jshoemaker

Postby jshoemaker » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:05 pm

That is the same thing that I get. Even though it sucks, it is good to know that I am not the only having trouble with it.
BigWorm
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BigWorm » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:56 pm

I noticed the Podcast from today is only 2 hours and 33 minutes long.

Return to “Podcast”