Uncensored Podcast

mmmm..... podcast
Rob311
How I listen: Podcast

Uncensored Podcast

Postby Rob311 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:57 am

I have to complaints about the podcast
1) spoilers in the description. ex. from yesterday "Taint went 4 out of 5 in today’s MENTAL CHALLENGE". Why should I listen if you are going to tell me what happens. Why not just say, "on today's show, Mental Challenge?"
2) Uncensored podcast bitrate is 40kbps. As a paid subscriber why do I get an inferior product?
Axel
VIP
VIP

Re: Uncensored Podcast

Postby Axel » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:54 am

as I listen to this weeks shows I started to think about the "uncensored podcasts"....prior to the new "dump" (censor) we had just the "beep" (annoying, but you still got a idea what was said)....and what was said was "talked about on air"...I understand the new "dump" is a better / more foolproof, but it is the fact that Terry is CONSTANTLY hanging up on people before they are done with their calls....and then complains how hard it is to do 5+ hours of chow content....People aren't gonna call if they are going to be treated this way....
I think the big selling point to the subscription should be more about Sudden Death rather than the Uncensored Podcasts...I hate to say it but they are not going to be the same......As for Sudden Death...PLEASE!!! get the hang up button away from Terry....
demoknite
How I listen: podcast

Postby demoknite » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:38 pm

Axel wrote:as I listen to this weeks shows I started to think about the "uncensored podcasts"....prior to the new "dump" (censor) we had just the "beep" (annoying, but you still got a idea what was said)....and what was said was "talked about on air"...I understand the new "dump" is a better / more foolproof, but it is the fact that Terry is CONSTANTLY hanging up on people before they are done with their calls....and then complains how hard it is to do 5+ hours of chow content....People aren't gonna call if they are going to be treated this way....
I think the big selling point to the subscription should be more about Sudden Death rather than the Uncensored Podcasts...I hate to say it but they are not going to be the same......As for Sudden Death...PLEASE!!! get the hang up button away from Terry....

And as I have said before, there have been some good conversations going, only to have Terry say "all right" and move on to a phone call that he prematurely hangs up on. They could fill in those 5 hours quite easily.
brian(m)

Postby brian(m) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:20 pm

Axel wrote:as I listen to this weeks shows I started to think about the "uncensored podcasts"....prior to the new "dump" (censor) we had just the "beep" (annoying, but you still got a idea what was said)....and what was said was "talked about on air"...I understand the new "dump" is a better / more foolproof.
I am by no means a radio professional but as i recall listening to various sports talk shows you can still time out the silent dump to be able to understand what they are saying and or mean. It is a matter of timing issue if dee practices to get good at timing it it will work even better than the beep delay.
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:33 pm

Brian...not sure just how long you have been listening to this show but I was referring to "their" old beep system....you heard the conversation just with the expletives "beeped" ..and TRUST ME when I say this "dump" type system would have NEVER worked in the past on this show!
...for example..The Drunk Kim Show....listen to the censored (beeped) version and envision the "dump" system they have now....
and if you still have doubts...listen to the UNCENSORED version ( RADIO GOLD!) and tell me how much of this would have actually made it on the air....The conversations would have been so chopped up you would have absolutely NO idea what was said or going on.....
brian(m)

Postby brian(m) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:04 pm

I understand what you meant im a long time listener who discovered the forum because of joeys sudden death demo.
there old dump system had an audible beep.
The dump system they have now cuts out any audio completely dee can selectively choose what to dump he would just have to spend a long time working to get a good timing on it. I think he will eventually just by working with it long enough be able to do this.
And by the way thank you for that sudden death demo joey it was extremely funny.
Nodachi
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Nodachi » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:10 pm

Rob311 wrote:2) Uncensored podcast bitrate is 40kbps. As a paid subscriber why do I get an inferior product?
This, this, this. :evil:
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:09 pm

...gonna wait till all the bugs get worked out before I join and blow a gasket...plus I'm more interested in S.D.
but YES sir, I am in total agreement...quality needs to be there! The guys praise Zero Vapor..am I alone in saying I haven't seen anything 'extraordinary" with the site ..or the podcasts..
as a matter of fact my I-tunes has like 3-4 different podcast subscription listings, and when I can't find the show (refresh) i go to the the site and re-subscribe and have to "hunt" it down..
I have a feeling Zero Vapor may have written checks their programing can't cash.....sure am glad I am not wanting to purchase any t-shirts or such from their store...oh wait a minute....what store?
brian(m)

Postby brian(m) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:51 am

[quote="Axel"]The guys praise Zero Vapor..am I alone in saying I haven't seen anything 'extraordinary" with the site ..or the podcasts.. quote]
I know im probably gonna get run over for doing so but they praise them like a cheap whore because they are cheap and they can not afford a high dollar true web developer. Zero vapors who's biggest accomplishment will always have been the lex and terry site in a few years when the guys have a new company we will never even see or hear the name zero vapor again.
fsuhistory

Postby fsuhistory » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:18 pm

It's not a good sign when the zero vapor web site portfolio consists of only L&T....and some of their own links don't work....but hey maybe this will be their big break.
demoknite
How I listen: podcast

Postby demoknite » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:14 am

The site functionality is...ok. I think a lot of it comes from the guys. Does anyone watch the daily video update? Taints news links? If you really wanted more info wouldnt you google it? You come in on c-note day or a few days after for a video and it hasnt been uploaded yet or you have to dig for it. Yes Taint you need to stay after work. Half the songs on "songs we like to eff to" were not given any song titles or artist info. You could have put lists with itunes or youtube links with all the info.
Joey787

Postby Joey787 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:25 am

brian(m) wrote:And by the way thank you for that sudden death demo joey it was extremely funny.

Glad you enjoyed it. It was fun to make. The one on the guys site is an old one though. I added on to it. The new link is in the general forum

Return to “Podcast”