** MOVIE STEW **

Talk about TV Show's & Movies Here!
Nodachi
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: Podcast

Re: ** MOVIE STEW **

Postby Nodachi » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:43 am

Watched Hancock, some funny shit in there but don't go in thinking it's a typical superhero movie. It's a decent flick but this was probably the wrong year for it to come out.

I still need to go see The Hulk, just haven't made it yet. :roll:
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: ONLINE

Postby licyourface » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:05 am

i saw hancock opening day tuesday 1st showing, i was looking forward to that movie forever. i liked it a lot and i feel sorry for people who wont go see it because of douche bag critics or who cant just enjoy it for what it is. will smith does a good job, come on when does he not? jason bateman was funny as usual. i liked the storyline as far as how he became the way he is and what can make him lose his ability because it was something different. i loved the special effects and that it made me laugh A LOT. yeah it had a cheesy villain and some inconsistency in what causes loss of powers but so do a lot of "super hero" stories. it wasn't anything that was even close to enough to ruin it for me.
HBK
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: Q102 Springfield MO

Postby HBK » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:52 am

You are such a hottie, Kel.
"You'd have to be a real boob to not be abreast of the Lingerie Football League rules to the point they call you a bust. As for the replacement refs, a rack of bad calls means they should implant some improvements before this whole thing goes tits up."
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: ONLINE

Postby licyourface » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:45 pm

thanks babe!! terry mentioned get smart today, ive been wanting to see it but no one will give it a chance so fuck em i'm going to see a matinee tomorrow and i'll let you guys know my thoughts

JUST SOME DUDE
VIP
VIP
How I listen: podcast

Postby JUST SOME DUDE » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:21 pm

OW!! You got any Red Heels???
bbox696
VIP
VIP
How I listen: 99X

Postby bbox696 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:22 pm

HBK
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby HBK » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:36 am

That is so f'n hot Kel. If I were a single man, we would be a perfect fit together.
"You'd have to be a real boob to not be abreast of the Lingerie Football League rules to the point they call you a bust. As for the replacement refs, a rack of bad calls means they should implant some improvements before this whole thing goes tits up."
Siate
How I listen: Tk 101

Postby Siate » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:48 am

ok new to the site but had to post best movie of all time..... Iron Eagle i mean come on it was so realistic lol
bbox696
VIP
VIP
How I listen: 99X

Postby bbox696 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:57 am

worst movie about jet fighters Iron Eagle 2
HBK
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby HBK » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:45 pm

Welcome to the forum, Siate.

Box, what movie is that clip from?
pvtjoker
VIP
VIP
How I listen: fuck radio...podcast

Postby pvtjoker » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:26 pm

Movie review: TDK – dir: Nolan

I CAN MAKE THIS PENCIL DISAPPEAR… (sick laughter…then I nearly wet myself)

PLOT: BATMAN AND J. GORDON JOIN FORCES WITH D.A. HARVEY DENT TO TAKE ON A PSYCHOTIC BANK ROBBER…THE JOKER…this review will be extremely biased because i am a life long collector/fan of the comic...so here it goes...i saw this movie wednesday night at an advanced screening for theater employees...I DO NOT WORK FOR A THEATER...(luxury of befriending these minimum wage low lifes)…

this movie fucking blew me away...it was EVERYTHING...as a Batman fan...that i wanted it to be... this series of movies has the greatest cast…Bale…Freeman…Oldman…Cane…Eckhart…all give outstanding performances…BUT…Ledger as the joker steals the show...i was disappointed when they cast Ledger but he was just brilliant...

LOOK AT ME!!! oh man...that scene gave me chills...

there’s a tribute to Ledger after the credits…

a lot happens in this movie…a new bat suit/toys…awesome special effects/chase scenes...we see a couple of classic villans in the making…unexpected deaths…the action/fight scenes were intense...the movie is dark...it’s the way Batman should be…the emotions this movie brought out of the audience was amazing…the audience in my showing even applauded like crazy at the end...but we're all movie/comic nerds and that's what we do...i’m going to see it again tonight and once again on Sunday…hopefully by then everyone will have seen it and more can be said…

BTW...it's not hard to figure out who the next villain is going to be even though Nolan tries to throw us off...AND if Nolans smart he’ll keep the bitches out of this series…Catwoman…Poison Ivy…etc…

if you are a fan of the comic SEE THIS MOVIE...if you liked the 60's series STAY HOME AND MASTURBATE TO NUDE PICS OF BURT WARD…

and a little about Terry's take on the joker...no he isn't supposed to be jovial...that's the impression most people of Terry’s older gen got from the shitty TV series in the 60's...he's called the Joker because Bob Kane and Bill Finger modeled him after the symbol of the Joker known from playing cards and Conrad Veid...the joker is one of the deadliest villains in the series...even going so far as to paralyze Barbara Gordon/Batgirl (See: The Killing Joke) and kill Robin #2 (Jason Todd) (See: Batman #426-#429 – Death in the Family) both in 1988...

I THINK YOU AND I ARE DESTINED TO DO THIS FOREVER...

pvtjoker
owner of Batman comics #94 to PRESENT
she's a man...it's a sled...he's dead already...
Nodachi
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: Podcast

Postby Nodachi » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:06 am

Damn! Now that was a well-done review.
and kill Robin #2 (Jason Todd) (See: Batman #426-#429 – Death in the Family)

Did you vote? (uber-geek question :mrgreen: )
pvtjoker
VIP
VIP
How I listen: fuck radio...podcast

Postby pvtjoker » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:24 am

Did you vote? (uber-geek question]

damn...look at you Nod...i thought everyone had forgot how that went down...YES....i did vote...I hated Jason Todd...little cry baby piece of shit...i called the 900# (i guess DC needed the $$$ back then...couldn't spring for a toll free #) and voted. i think the voting line was open for a month in the fall of '88. i was so glad when the issue came out with his debris-riddle face on the front (i bought two)...i read a long time ago that DC created an alternate version of #428 just in case the vote was to let him live...

Image Image
she's a man...it's a sled...he's dead already...
nosleepforjedi
VIP
VIP
How I listen: live feed from Forum

Postby nosleepforjedi » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:40 am

That was a great comic series! And the movie is a must see. Everyone applaud the Dark Knight!
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:18 pm

Not to get off the track but, watched The Bucket List last night. A bit depressing but a great movie non the less. Morgan Freemand and Jack Nicklson....well I'll just say i would love to have the same "frame of mind" as these two did in their last months. I would suggest it to anyone, just be prepared for a sad ending.

Return to “TV & Movies”