Nodachi
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: Podcast

Re: ** MOVIE STEW **

Postby Nodachi » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:09 pm

pvtjoker wrote:
Did you vote? (uber-geek question]

damn...look at you Nod...i thought everyone had forgot how that went down...YES....i did vote...I hated Jason Todd...little cry baby piece of shit...i called the 900# (i guess DC needed the $$$ back then...couldn't spring for a toll free #) and voted. i think the voting line was open for a month in the fall of '88. i was so glad when the issue came out with his debris-riddle face on the front (i bought two)...i read a long time ago that DC created an alternate version of #428 just in case the vote was to let him live...

Image Image

We set up a "Kill Robin" jar in our shop. Our fingers were hurting when we were done with the calls.:twisted:
To this day I think DC fudged the numbers to make it look like the vote was closer than it really was. :lol:
HBK
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: Q102 Springfield MO

Postby HBK » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:11 pm

Watched The Happening the other day. Kinda of a wierd flick, but it has Marky Mark which makes is watchable. Once it's over, you just sit there saying, "Wow. That was a messed up movie."
"You'd have to be a real boob to not be abreast of the Lingerie Football League rules to the point they call you a bust. As for the replacement refs, a rack of bad calls means they should implant some improvements before this whole thing goes tits up."
pvtjoker
VIP
VIP
How I listen: fuck radio...podcast

Postby pvtjoker » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:07 am

my pics on who i think will win...some obvious...i've put in ( ) who i think should win if different...

Actor: Mickey Rourke (one of the most depressing movies i've ever seen)
Actor supporting role: Heath Ledger (although Phillip Hoffman should get it for Doubt...to make up for his loss in Charlie Wilsons War)
Actress: Angelina Jolie (Meryl Streep in Doubt)
Actress supporting role: Penelope Cruz
Animated Film: Wall-E
Art Direction: The Dark Knight
Costume: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Directing: Slumdog Millionaire
Best Picture: Slumdog Millionaire (Milk is better...even though Penn is a douche)
Documentary: Man on Wire

interested to see others pics in these main categories...
she's a man...it's a sled...he's dead already...
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: ONLINE

Postby licyourface » Mon May 18, 2009 10:31 pm

have you taken a look at the casting of that movie? my bestfriend and i had a good laugh.....its almost like its supposed to be a spoof
CG
VIP
VIP

Postby CG » Tue May 19, 2009 10:55 am

nosleepforjedi wrote:Angels and Demons was great, I recomend you to see it in theatres CG, Ewan Mc Gregor did a wonderful job!

http://movies.apple.com/movies/sony_pic ... height=340

An in home theatre won't do it justice, eh? Alrighty then.
We'll have to smuggle in my delicious popped corn and a few Heinekens, forgoing the awful commercial concessions that the theatres offer. Although, Raisinettes are a must. mmmm
Thank you NSFJ, you never disappoint.
8) :wink:
HBK
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: Q102 Springfield MO

Postby HBK » Thu May 28, 2009 12:06 pm

In Living Colour was a great show. So many of Damons characters made it into small parts of a lot of his movies.
"You'd have to be a real boob to not be abreast of the Lingerie Football League rules to the point they call you a bust. As for the replacement refs, a rack of bad calls means they should implant some improvements before this whole thing goes tits up."
nosleepforjedi
VIP
VIP
How I listen: live feed from Forum

Postby nosleepforjedi » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:20 pm

We were goona go watch the Hangover but somehow ended up buying curtains for the house and spent the afternoon hanging em up...WTF, how do these kinda things happen...LOL!
CG
VIP
VIP

Postby CG » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:41 pm

nosleepforjedi wrote:We were goona go watch the Hangover but somehow ended up buying curtains for the house and spent the afternoon hanging em up...WTF, how do these kinda things happen...LOL!

so, . . ., what have we learned here? :wink: awaiting your review of, "Hangover", when you quit shopping, of course. 8)

pvtjoker
VIP
VIP
How I listen: fuck radio...podcast

Postby pvtjoker » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:54 pm

nosleepforjedi wrote:We were goona go watch the Hangover but somehow ended up buying curtains for the house and spent the afternoon hanging em up...WTF, how do these kinda things happen...LOL!

you got married...you're to blame...
she's a man...it's a sled...he's dead already...
nosleepforjedi
VIP
VIP

Postby nosleepforjedi » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:22 pm

Touche' Joker

Rented Seven Pounds last night. It started off slow, but the movie started picking up and the end was a great pay off. If you get a chance to se this one it is a great rental. NSFJ teared up just a bit...
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: ONLINE

Postby licyourface » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:15 am

now one of my friends told me not to see it because of the end.....that fucker
now i'm gonna c it
CG
VIP
VIP

Postby CG » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:24 pm

I've not seen anyone mentioning the movie, "Valkyrie". Curious here whether its worth renting/seeing. Watched the History Channel's version and now wondering about Hollywood's version. :?: 8)

nosleepforjedi
VIP
VIP

Postby nosleepforjedi » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:47 am

Still haven't Schindler's list, gotta make time for that one. Gonna try and see Transformers this weekend! Woo-Hoo!!!
CG
VIP
VIP

Postby CG » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:36 am

Oh yes, make time for Schindler's List. Its long in play time, 193 minutes, however worth it.
I'll watch anything with Ralph Fiennes in it. He's an amazing actor, in my humbled opinion.
Waiting for your review on the, "Transformer's", movie. Enjoy
8)
We have here, waiting to be watched, "Wall-E", "Bill Hicks Live", and, "Fantastic Planet". Brew and popped corn tonight with our flicks.

nosleepforjedi
VIP
VIP

Postby nosleepforjedi » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:04 pm

In line for Transformers, I'll give a review later...CG, I had mixed feelings about Walle. I begged my wife to take me to see it cause he looked cute. Oddly, the beginning was great, the end was great...the middle was pretty much, "Walle...Eva....Walle...Eva...Walle...Eva...Aaaa shut the funk up already!" Itshould have been one of those short films. Tell me what yuo think about it CG.

Return to “TV & Movies”