** MOVIE STEW **

Talk about TV Show's & Movies Here!
DrProctor
How I listen: Podcast

Re: ** MOVIE STEW **

Postby DrProctor » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:24 pm

Joyful Noise... I saw this movie in 1984 when it was called Rhinestone.
Luke
How I listen: Podcast bitch

Postby Luke » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:05 am

Probably old news for everyone, but if you thought Real Steel was based on RESER, just wait until the actual RESER movie comes out. Mattel has sold movie rights to just about every board game they have made and several of those games are lined up to eventually hit the big screen. Some could be OK, like Candyland or Ouija (although I heard Ouija got shitcanned already) but unbelievable shit too like Battleship. Battleship? Yes, Battleship.

They may have moved past this by now, it's just what I remember hearing a few months ago on another podcast that I listen to.
"What the fuck is the internet???"

FB
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:57 am

I don't know where but I do remember hearing 'something' about BattleShip...cant recall if it was a movie...but it does sound familiar...

These movie makers are really reaching for movie ideas......

Watched a special on Jaws yesterday.....friggn GREAT movie.....the special was pretty cool also, it hit on just how much crap everyone had to endure just to get a shot correct...this was when there was no computer editing....what you shot was what you got.....
DrProctor

Postby DrProctor » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:36 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battleship_%28film%29

Jaws and Apocalypse Now stand out as horrible experiences for those involved. I always imagined that if I were a director I would want to go through an experience like that.
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:48 am

Watched Moneyball last night....Good movie would recommend it....I am not going to give away anything great or not known....but turning down THAT amount of money....especially when he was talking about sending his daughter to College was just dumb.....Loyalty is one thing, but self preservation has got to kick in at some time!! And with him having direct experiences how people are "let go"at any given time in that industry......take the money and RUN!! if not for you...do it for your kid! I think it was a 1 year contract, am I wrong....
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: ONLINE

Postby licyourface » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am

DrProctor wrote:Joyful Noise... I saw this movie in 1984 when it was called Rhinestone.

hahahaha
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:25 pm

For all of my fellow zombie aficionados:

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:35 pm

Been watching The Other Guys.....this is worth watching, a Will Ferrel sleeper.
Looking forward to Anchorman II
DrProctor

Postby DrProctor » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:20 pm

Terry Hoitz: No, I don't like you. I think you're a fake cop. The sound of your piss hitting the urinal, it sounds feminine. If you were in the wild, I would attack you, even if you weren't in my food chain. I would go out of my way to attack you. If I were a lion and you were a tuna, I would swim out in the middle of the ocean and freaking eat you and then I'd bang your tuna girlfriend.

Allen Gamble: OK, first off: a lion, swimming in the ocean. Lions don't like water. If you placed it near a river or some sort of fresh water source, that makes sense. But you find yourself in the ocean, 20 foot wave, I'm assuming off the coast of South Africa, coming up against a full grown 800 pound tuna with his 20 or 30 friends, you lose that battle, you lose that battle 9 times out of 10. And guess what, you've wandered into our school of tuna and we now have a taste of lion. We've talked to ourselves. We've communicated and said 'You know what, lion tastes good, let's go get some more lion'. We've developed a system to establish a beach-head and aggressively hunt you and your family and we will corner your pride, your children, your offspring.

Terry Hoitz: How you gonna do that?

Allen Gamble: We will construct a series of breathing apparatus with kelp. We will be able to trap certain amounts of oxygen. It's not gonna be days at a time. An hour? Hour forty-five? No problem. That will give us enough time to figure out where you live, go back to the sea, get some more oxygen, and stalk you. You just lost at your own game. You're outgunned and out-manned.
[pause]
Allen Gamble: Did that go the way you thought it was gonna go? Nope.
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Tue May 01, 2012 12:06 am

Thank you my little sugarballs.... :mrgreen: .
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Tue May 01, 2012 8:33 am

"GATOR WANTS HIS GACK, PUNK ASS BITCH!"

I may have to pop it back into my DVD player again....

Anyone gonna TRY and see The Avengers? I'm not a bit Comic guy...actually I dont care for them at all....but I will say this movie has my interest...
I enjoyed Iron Man quite a bit....and this looks like it may be worth the time....I'm just not willing to stand in line for a length of time for a sold out show....I will wait until the hype calms down.

anyone see Cabin In the Woods?
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Fri May 25, 2012 7:13 pm

.....if you have the DVD of The Other Guys.....check out the unedited version,.....lot of good deleted stuff!!
Dirty Mike and the Boys make a special appearance ....

at the end....there is a BBBAAAAAAADDDDDD joke involving a duck....someone getting laid......an 2 dollars,.....
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:53 am

Well, the family and I watched Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengence and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows this weekend. Meh. Neither was all that great. They both followed the "let's not screw with the plot very much and just ramp the bits up that the characters do to beyond belief" school of making sequels.
DrProctor

Postby DrProctor » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:51 am

Did anyone else notice that new Mel Gibson movie that went straight to video? Damn, that's pretty bad. I wonder if it was actually a good movie that had to go to video because he's a pariah.
Aquarium Drinker
VIP
VIP
How I listen: WXNR

Postby Aquarium Drinker » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:14 am

Saw "Django Unchained" Christmas night. Good albeit violent fun just leave the kids at home.

Christoph Waltz = Tarantino's new milennial Tim Roth

Return to “TV & Movies”