**BOOK BOUILLON**

Talk about TV Show's & Movies Here!
Preview
VIP
VIP
How I listen: Podcast

Re: **BOOK BOUILLON**

Postby Preview » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:43 pm

I started reading "the ultimate hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy" (again).
It never fails to amaze me that no matter how many times I have read a book, something invariably comes out that I've never paid attention to. Threads of ideas match others that have failed before to mesh.
HBK
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: Q102 Springfield MO

Postby HBK » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:02 am

I need to get that zombie book. I started to the other day, but Target wanted $20 or $30 for it.
"You'd have to be a real boob to not be abreast of the Lingerie Football League rules to the point they call you a bust. As for the replacement refs, a rack of bad calls means they should implant some improvements before this whole thing goes tits up."
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:39 pm

HBK wrote:I need to get that zombie book. I started to the other day, but Target wanted $20 or $30 for it.

Hell, I'd loan you both the ZSG and world war z H
Nodachi
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Nodachi » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:24 pm

Recently finished Daemon and Freedom(TM) by Daniel Suarez. Out-fucking-standing!

Getting ready to start book 12 of The Wheel of Time...
HBK
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby HBK » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:07 am

Send em on over. I'll be here all day.
"You'd have to be a real boob to not be abreast of the Lingerie Football League rules to the point they call you a bust. As for the replacement refs, a rack of bad calls means they should implant some improvements before this whole thing goes tits up."
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:25 am

To bad we're in different states! But, really PM me your address and I can send them to you.
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:52 am

My newest reads....

I have become a true fan of the "Weird" books (ie Weird US, Weird PA, Weird MD,etc...)
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:47 am

Finished reading "Steve Jobs" the other day. It's a good read whether you're a Mac or PCA person. The author does a good job of remaining objective although Steve's obsession with controlling everything Apple.

Also, my next read has been Elemental: Destiny's Embers. This is total pulp fiction to me, but Elemental is a RPG. The book itself has actually captured my attention! It kinda brings me back to my Dragonlance days... I might revisit those after read this. Tanis, Sturm, Raistlin, Caramon, Tasslehoff, Flint, and Goldmoon are calling me to walk their paths again!

And to supplement the podcast, I've been listening to Stephen King's The Dark Tower audiobook series. I've read the 7 books of the series three times, but actually LISTENING to them forces you into the story. The eye might skip a word or sentence. But, the ear can't help but to hear. It bring a new level into the story!
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:01 am

I wish I could say I read more but to be honest I have a hard time....My comprehension and retention was never good, having learned I had these problems was great, but fixing them is not easy....I actually have to force myself to read....I sucks because once I discovered how great it is, I also discovered how much I was missing!!
DrProctor

Postby DrProctor » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:30 am

I used to go through reading phases every few months. Now it's been a while and I don't see a phase coming in the foreseeable future. There's just too much immediately gratifying entertainment and information available now for me to even consider sitting down with a book. I mean, outside of my ongoing mandatory reading for college. I guess I did find Problems from Philosophy interesting. I got an A. If anyone wants to talk philosophy, let's do it.
Al Martin
How I listen: web

Postby Al Martin » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:38 pm

DrProctor wrote:I used to go through reading phases every few months. Now it's been a while and I don't see a phase coming in the foreseeable future. There's just too much immediately gratifying entertainment and information available now for me to even consider sitting down with a book. I mean, outside of my ongoing mandatory reading for college. I guess I did find Problems from Philosophy interesting. I got an A. If anyone wants to talk philosophy, let's do it.

Of course you did Terry
DrProctor

Postby DrProctor » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:18 am

Al Martin wrote:
Of course you did Terry

Cute.
Al Martin
How I listen: web

Postby Al Martin » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:17 pm

DrProctor wrote:
Al Martin wrote:
Of course you did Terry

Cute.

See you're back up to posting at 5am again, guess so since the show's vaction is over and you're back up early. Sad you hide here and pretend to be a cheerleader for Terry. Sad and demented. BTW, did you see the youtube of you jerking off in your sock. Fluff posted it and its definitely you! Wonder what that will bring to the show along with the other phone calls she put up there? And, why did she love Taint so much? Is it his mom you banged?
HBK
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby HBK » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:36 pm

Since when did Dr become Terry? And why all the venom?
DrProctor

Postby DrProctor » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:56 am

HBK wrote:Since when did Dr become Terry? And why all the venom?

This delusional person (AKA CF) think's I'm Terry because Mr. Mental told her that I have a brother 9 years older than me.

Return to “TV & Movies”