Ticket to Ride IX

Discuss anything show related....
Axel
VIP
VIP

Ticket to Ride IX

Postby Axel » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:29 am

..Did I miss something....have they said the tickets are on sale ???
I pulled this from the Ademac calender...I'm gonna give Missy a call or send her a e-mail and see what is what...
demoknite
How I listen: podcast

Re: Ticket to Ride IX

Postby demoknite » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:58 am

Dont give a shit about it, however there have been some segues where I thought, "here it comes" and the didnt say anything so I wonder if its really going on. Three months out and they havent said anything about it in a long long time. Even with Taints going out there to get his liscense from Ademac and not even a mention...
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:40 pm

I know, kinda disappointed. Just over a month away and it is gonna be REALLY hard raising money, especially a month before Christmas. This is the ONLY thing I look forward to year in and year out, and I had to ruffle a lot of feathers at work...Normally my day off is on Sat. and this year Nov. 5th the Rock and Roll Marathon will be here in Savannah so my day off got cancelled..needless to say I put my ass on the line getting this time off, Official or not.
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:06 pm

GOOD NEWS!! E mailed Missy and she informed me everything is inline and just about ready, Tickets are at the printers and ASA is working on the site....we should be hearing something from the guys possibly in a week.
Anyone going to make it? ...I know the last I heard, Kel was riding with Lex..
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:28 pm

Getting mixed feelings about this event and weather or not it is actually gonna happen....I called in today to inform Terry how moronic a statement he made was and as I was on hold I asked Sara if there was a chance she may make the ride and if there was any "new" information.... I was told she did not know, and I could ask the guys if I don't get cut short. I was told A LOT of people have been calling in asking questions....kinda strange since we have heard nothing on air about it....
This event is a just a month away...and there has been NO talk about it....I am seriously beginning to wonder if it actually gonna happen....
demoknite

Postby demoknite » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:19 pm

Axel wrote:Getting mixed feelings about this event and weather or not it is actually gonna happen....I called in today to inform Terry how moronic a statement he made was and as I was on hold I asked Sara if there was a chance she may make the ride and if there was any "new" information.... I was told she did not know, and I could ask the guys if I don't get cut short. I was told A LOT of people have been calling in asking questions....kinda strange since we have heard nothing on air about it....
This event is a just a month away...and there has been NO talk about it....I am seriously beginning to wonder if it actually gonna happen....

I would put money on it not happening. In past years, they usually pimp it about 6-8 weeks out with it getting more and more mentioned the closer it gets. A month out without anything even hinted at doesnt look good. Im not into motorcycles or rides, but its a shame to see this cool event eventually go down the tubes.

On a separate and slightly related note, can anyone elaborate on whats up with the 1010XL? You get the odd call that says I didnt know you were on in Freakville, Terry sighs and doesnt say anything almost like hes not allowed, but you can tell he's seething and maybe rightly so...
Joey787
How I listen: Podcast

Postby Joey787 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:03 pm

i feel like they aren't getting the promotion they should be getting like a returning #1 radio show should be getting i suppose. and he's right to be upset, the same thing happened here when they switched from 102.1 KDGE to 97.1 KGLE. they did the simulcast for like 3 days and then they said "yeah, thats enough time for all of your listeners to figure out where you are now." i was just listening to a show like 5 months after the switch and it was almost guaranteed that once a show someone from DFW would call in and say "oh dude i was just flipping through the stations, and heard lex's voice, was like hell yeah!" and terry did the same thing.
DrProctor

Postby DrProctor » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:35 pm

They're too busy making their movies that they're not making.
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:44 am

Got done with Monday's show....2:20:04..Terry is going through calls up on the screen ...."...as far as the bike ride goes, we'll talk about that later,...we are still wondering about that ourselves...

Sorry Guys ...doesn't sound very promising or even confident.....
J-mental
VIP
VIP

Postby J-mental » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:11 am

I've known for awhile it probably wasn't going to happen. I hear they weren't getting paid to promote it at all this year.
"I want you to remember that. I wanted to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, and in your most private moments, I want you to remember the one MAN who beat you..."
DrProctor

Postby DrProctor » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:08 pm

They can never say anything about Kidd's Kids again.
demoknite

Postby demoknite » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:44 pm

DrProctor wrote:They can never say anything about Kidd's Kids again.

Yes, but does he do an "activity" or does he just solicit donations?
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:35 pm

Straight from Adamec H.D. ...." That ride has been canceled"...

I got on the ASA site, nothing was posted, so I figured if they weren't promoting it maybe it would be at least still be going on...nothing....
then checked the Adamec site...no longer there, so I called o see if tickets were available.... 'that ride has been canceled".

Ok, no more hiding this...its gonna come out one way or another. I would Tweet this but I don't have a account...I may have to call first thing tomorrow. If things fell through, shit happens. But NOT saying anything does not look good at all.
It would be nice to know, I have been planning this every year....got my ass in hot water to figure out how to make it there..... If there was a possibility of it happening ( I don't see it) it would still be on their site and I would have not been told of its cancellation...
30 days away and skating around it does not make the guys look good in any light....I am curious what REALLY happened.....
If they don't address this "on air" soon, I think I will loose what credibility I had left for the show....
demoknite

Postby demoknite » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:00 pm

Axel wrote:Straight from Adamec H.D. ...." That ride has been canceled"...

I got on the ASA site, nothing was posted, so I figured if they weren't promoting it maybe it would be at least still be going on...nothing....
then checked the Adamec site...no longer there, so I called o see if tickets were available.... 'that ride has been canceled".

Ok, no more hiding this...its gonna come out one way or another. I would Tweet this but I don't have a account...I may have to call first thing tomorrow. If things fell through, shit happens. But NOT saying anything does not look good at all.
It would be nice to know, I have been planning this every year....got my ass in hot water to figure out how to make it there..... If there was a possibility of it happening ( I don't see it) it would still be on their site and I would have not been told of its cancellation...
30 days away and skating around it does not make the guys look good in any light....I am curious what REALLY happened.....
If they don't address this "on air" soon, I think I will loose what credibility I had left for the show....

Yeh, they need to man up and say its cancelled and why. But we also lost Sam and it was never explained for the longest. Man it doesnt smell good. I really think the show is going to be cancelled whenever their contract with United is up. Or they could do something and go exclusive to satellite for way less money.
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:35 pm

...sent some e-mails out...haven't heard shit from anyone.....

Gotta say this does not put the guys in a good light! ....and to top it they talked about a Savannah appearance?!....If memory serves me correct, didn't they CANCEL their last appearance to Savannah?

...This City loves these guys but from the information I have been gathering, not bringing this situation to the foreground and dealing with it upfront....a lot of people here are NOT happy with the way things are being handled....the phrase "a pair of Pussies" has been brought up...and no it was not from me! .....and I am having hard time keeping the guys backs....

..and as for locating a "physical address" for Zero Vapor....I sill say it is someones basement or a garage......yeah the guys are SCAD students...... but then again so was I!

Return to “General Show Chat”