L&T Rant

Discuss anything show related....
stupidlistener
How I listen: wxnr

L&T Rant

Postby stupidlistener » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:44 pm

I have been a listener for as long as L&T have been on the air in Eastern NC but I'm just over them. I return back every now and then to see if they can grab me again but I just get more put off each time. It really feels like they're over it too. I think they lost me when it tunred into the Lex and Twitter show. Taint was the only thing that kept me interested (OK, everynow and then Lex too) for his one liners and sick way of viewing things was very funny. Maybe Dee can AX them to be funny again. And for a show that's based around being a "call-in" show, I can't stand the way the manipulate the calls to be what they want. I've picked up on a pretty routine pattern. They do someting they think funny and let any call giving them props to come through. If they are talking about a certain subject, they let a person talk until they said what they want to hear and quickly cut them off. If I turned to 99.5X tomorrow morinng and heard a different show, I would not be bummed.
stupidlistener

Re: L&T Rant

Postby stupidlistener » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:57 pm

Sorry, just had to let that out. It's not like they'd let me call in and say it. I dont think they take calls from NC anyways. Another thing, I hate the website! How long is the L&T babe of the day going to be the same girl? Also, you cant see any of the pull downs from the top tabs cause that big news feed thingy is in the way. Money well wasted boys!
sifon187
How I listen: Radio+Podcast

Postby sifon187 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:29 pm

Thank you caller
stupidlistener

Postby stupidlistener » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:49 pm

That's actually pretty funny sifon. But if I were to call the show it would be aired like this:
Me: "Sorry, just had to let that out. It's"(they hang up on me)
Terry: "THEN CHANGE THE CHANNEL" (Smug laugh followed by a feeling of power and arrogance)
CreativFluffer
How I listen: Podcast

Postby CreativFluffer » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:07 pm

stupidlistener wrote:That's actually pretty funny sifon. But if I were to call the show it would be aired like this:
Me: "Sorry, just had to let that out. It's"(they hang up on me)
Terry: "THEN CHANGE THE CHANNEL" (Smug laugh followed by a feeling of power and arrogance)

The Terry Twitter Show - that was funny!!

Perhaps there's a rehab for social media abusers in Seattle he's entered because he's gotten much better on his obsession with it and stopped bleeding it into the show every 15 seconds. Doesn't mean he's not Twitter stalking, though.
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:11 pm

At first I thought Terry was a bit 'quick" with the hang up button.....but after listening to the vacation podcast...he has always been that way.....though maybe a bit more egregious..

Make the call....tell them "you guys suck"...that pretty much got you to the front of the line....then be honest about what your thoughts are.....just try and not give Terry ANY reason to cut you off.

You have NOTHING to loose....if anything you will have the satisfaction of at least trying.....some people can never say that.
stupidlistener

Postby stupidlistener » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:26 pm

Fluffer - I think "The Lex and Twitter Show" is funnier

Axel - I'm not articulate enough to get my point across w/o saying the wrong thing that they'd be looking for. If the board says "A caller is saying you guys suck" then they're going to be on the defense (understandably) and look for a reason to hang up on me, and I'm sure I'd give them one. And I really dont care that much. Terry is very itchy on the hang up botton. I got a good laugh earlier this week when he hung up on someone and Lex called him out saying he wanted to hear what the guy had to say. It was like listening to a dog put his tail betweeen his legs when Terry had to ask, I'm sorry, AX the guy to call back.
CreativFluffer
How I listen: Podcast

Postby CreativFluffer » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:28 pm

Lex and Twitter is funnier lol. it would be great to but Terry in time out and tie his hands behind his back for one show! no hangups and no social media responding. Maybe have Sarah do it for him! I think he would snap!

Return to “General Show Chat”