Is the subscriber podcast any better?

Discuss anything show related....
bilski
How I listen: Podcast

Postby bilski » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:18 am

I'm sure I'm not the only one frustrated by the completely inconsistent schedule that the podcast is updated. Right now in iTunes the normal quality feed has Thursday's episode while the HQ feed is missing it. Meanwhile, both are downloadable on the website as well as the uncensored version. However, most weeks the podcast feeds seem to be at least a day or two behind on being updated which annoys the hell out of me. I can't listen to the show at work in the mornings and streaming after the fact with the app is a waste when you can't get the show in order.

So tell me subscribers, is the podcast actually uploaded for you every day on a regular basis? I'd probably be up for spending the $6/month if I knew I could actually follow the show every day instead of hoping they catch up before leaving for the weekend.
Axel
VIP
VIP

Re: Is the subscriber podcast any better?

Postby Axel » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:37 pm

honestly......I'm still a week behind on podcasts....
I cant tell you if one podcast gets up before another (subscription apposed to free).....but I subscribe because I have been listening for so long....
the unedited stuff USED to be so much more "real", it is starting to become contrived and a bit .....stale
bilski

Postby bilski » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Axel wrote:honestly......I'm still a week behind on podcasts....
I cant tell you if one podcast gets up before another (subscription apposed to free).....but I subscribe because I have been listening for so long....
the unedited stuff USED to be so much more "real", it is starting to become contrived and a bit .....stale

It really seems like L&T have gone Janet Jackson on us again. I listened to Bob and Tom </barf> this morning on the drive to work and they had way more graphic innuendos than anything I've heard The Givers say in the past few months. :(
demoknite
How I listen: podcast

Postby demoknite » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:08 pm

Depending on what your income level is...$6 isnt that much to me so I would say yes. If you are struggling to afford it, then possibly no. I think it is worth it based on the unedited portion of the normal broadcast. They censor some pretty rediculous things on there which I think you lose by the way they edit now. The sudden death is really contrived and not as good as it was a few years ago when they did it. There are some gems in there, but they are already going back to the well with some things and just really forcing it. I dont know why they just cant continue with whatever they were talking about last segment.
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:07 pm

Who pays a damn thing? I've paid once. I love the fact I'm getting my free 'un's. I I'd pay if it it'd actually ask.
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:21 am

mine comes out of my account like clockwork....every month
mmiller420
How I listen: podcast subscriber

Postby mmiller420 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:37 am

My last payment was taken out in November but I still get them. They have my account info on file so I don't know what the deal is. Whatever.
I am up to date on my daily podcasts, not backed up so I get frustrated waiting on them to be uploaded. Some days it's up by 11AM central time but more often than not I end up waiting until almost 2pm. Annoying when I like to spend my day doing housework and running errands while I listen. I don't like daytime tv or any other radio stations/shows. I wish they would be more consistent and get it up first thing when they end the show every day.
J-mental
VIP
VIP

Postby J-mental » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:35 pm

Wow... some people don't know when to shut the fuck up and enjoy a good thing.
"I want you to remember that. I wanted to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, and in your most private moments, I want you to remember the one MAN who beat you..."
autigerbabe
How I listen: iPhone app + podcast

Postby autigerbabe » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:13 pm

I'm considering starting a new forum poll... Would Preview & mmiller be better contestants for WMP or Mental Challenge?
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:56 am

I vote for both!

Y'all know what mean! (mumble,mumble)................crack..........I drank 30 king cobras since I got up....................
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:12 am

The removable foot....

Byron Leftwich...

Taint...

Vince Richards...

I got a kayak...

licyourface.... :lol:
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:59 am

I appears the voting during WMP has carried the bit for quite some time now.....though I used to love to hear some of the old call backs and ALL the guys laughing....I personally think it has run its course, I don't think it is the voting....I think it is Terry's ass-whippyness with it. but in all honesty, I cant blame him either... :roll:
bilski

Postby bilski » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:12 pm

Good lord the free podcast blows. I can go to the L&T website on almost any day and the latest show will likely be posted, but damn it the actual free rss feed is so rarely updated! Going to it here (http://www.lexandterry.com/podcast/small) today at 4PM and there is no episode there at all. This has been a persistent problem over the past few months, and definitely the main reason I originally started this thread.

I guess I can't bitch too much about not getting a free podcast...but does that mean tomorrow when someone notices they'll post that day's show and I'll be SOL on today's??
demoknite
How I listen: podcast

Postby demoknite » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:58 pm

Drop the 6 bucks and get the paid version. Thats like 1 value meal or a couple of mochiatto frappiccino lattes.

Return to “General Show Chat”