Lex , Terry and Dee sports would suck

Discuss anything show related....
MCNABB51BOI
How I listen: FM AND XM

Lex , Terry and Dee sports would suck

Postby MCNABB51BOI » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:31 pm

Friday the guys brought this idea up of a sports radio show .After hearing Terry talk about it he would ruin that show . Thats what sport talk is guys arguing talking "Xs and Os" talking shit to each other . Dee he has become way to sensetive lately , i guess when Lex yelled at him that one day he could have kinda been insulted , but cmon it was a sports argument. Lex i dont agree with all his sports takes but at least you can argue it out battle point of views thats what it all about. Lex Sports id def be down for that podcast Lex get yourself someone who can hang and not bitch out.

just my thoughts
J-mental
VIP
VIP
How I listen: Podcast

Re: Lex , Terry and Dee sports would suck

Postby J-mental » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:55 pm

Terry and Dee are toxic people. Anything they are involved in will get dragged down because they are basically living breathing albatrosses.

However, and I'm sure it'll never happen, I'd tune in REGULAR to hear the Lex and Taint sports show. The dichotomy would be amazing and I think it'd be radio gold.
"I want you to remember that. I wanted to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, and in your most private moments, I want you to remember the one MAN who beat you..."
fsuhistory

Postby fsuhistory » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:21 pm

The guys are not informed enough to do a sports show...I still go back to when they argued the Lakers Gasol trade and none of them realized Marc Gasol was part of it....or when Dee jumped down Lex's throat for suggesting Lebron was signed and traded to Miami (he was)....usually two of the three guys just don't know the story and jump down the throat of the person who does.

Meh...very meh.

Now a call in show with conservatives...that would be fun:)
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:12 pm

J-mental wrote:...living breathing albatrosses...

Verbiage... Albatrosses would have been ok. And you being a stenographer should know that lol...
DrProctor

Postby DrProctor » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:57 pm

You need to learn the proper incantation of words.
J-mental
VIP
VIP

Postby J-mental » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:44 am

It is from the Coleridge poem that the usage of albatross as a metaphor is derived; someone with a burden or obstacle is said to have 'an albatross around their neck'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albatross#In_culture

Read a book sometime, assholes.
"I want you to remember that. I wanted to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, and in your most private moments, I want you to remember the one MAN who beat you..."
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:48 am

Touched a nerve, J? Lol.

I know the use of the name, it's the "living breathing" part! I've never heard it used with that string of verbs before it. Yokes and millstones have been used in much the same way.

Although, I can't decide which would be worst. A dead, decomposing Albatross around my neck or a living,breathing, pecking my eyes out one! A hazmat suit with an activated carbon air filter would fix the first and I guess we could sedate the second...
kaoss128
How I listen: 100.1

Postby kaoss128 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:30 pm

fsuhistory wrote:The guys are not informed enough to do a sports show...I still go back to when they argued the Lakers Gasol trade and none of them realized Marc Gasol was part of it....or when Dee jumped down Lex's throat for suggesting Lebron was signed and traded to Miami (he was)....usually two of the three guys just don't know the story and jump down the throat of the person who does.

Meh...very meh.

Now a call in show with conservatives...that would be fun:)

This. They're clueless when it comes to sports.
DrProctor

Postby DrProctor » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:17 am

They're not clueless, they just lack the proper incantation.
J-mental
VIP
VIP

Postby J-mental » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:12 pm

The Lex, Terry, and Dee REGULAR show is having trouble staying afloat. Taking the thing they are probably the worst at and giving it it's own deal probably wouldn't make it, I'd venture a guess.
kaoss128
How I listen: 100.1

Postby kaoss128 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:38 pm

DrProctor wrote:They're not clueless, they just lack the proper incantation.

No they're clueless. I cringe every time I hear them talk about sports because they are constantly wrong. There's a reason why there's a thread on all the stupid things they say regarding sports.
inthepyramid
How I listen: podcast

Postby inthepyramid » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:53 pm

agree 100% on their sports knowledge, especially terry, you can tell he really doesnt watch much at all. which is fine, except for the fact they act like they are beat reporters and are up on everything current, which they are obviously not.

Return to “General Show Chat”