I really miss Taint!

Discuss anything show related....
stupidlistener
How I listen: wxnr

I really miss Taint!

Postby stupidlistener » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:11 pm

His style of comedy was great! I really miss what he brought to the show, whether it was his little one liners or the way he'd piss off some of the crew. With all that said, I dont blame the guys for letting him leave. He wanted more $$$ but really should of put in some more than just being a personality to get it (learning the boards). The show was better w/ him. And personally, I dont believe for a minute that he didnt bang Sarah!
DrProctor
How I listen: Podcast

Re: I really miss Taint!

Postby DrProctor » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:20 am

Scott, you just said that sobriety was looking good. Your wife let you sleep in the bed, to boot. What happened since then?!
kaoss128
How I listen: 100.1

Postby kaoss128 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:28 pm

stupidlistener wrote:His style of comedy was great! I really miss what he brought to the show, whether it was his little one liners or the way he'd piss off some of the crew. With all that said, I dont blame the guys for letting him leave. He wanted more $$$ but really should of put in some more than just being a personality to get it (learning the boards). The show was better w/ him. And personally, I dont believe for a minute that he didnt bang Sarah!

I agree. Ever since Taint left I'm finding myself less and less interested in the show every day. I've barely tuned in the last 2 weeks.
DrProctor

Postby DrProctor » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:18 am

I, too, miss Tank.
inthepyramid
How I listen: podcast

Postby inthepyramid » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:48 pm

After 7 years of never missing a show, podcasting every single one of them, I quit listening a month ago. I felt like I was just listening out of habit, it really wasn't entertaining to me anymore. Taint was the funniest part of the show whether they'd admit that or not, and Ian's probably a nice guy, but he adds nothing and is a shitty replacement for taint. Get a sirius/xm subscription and listen to jason ellis on faction.
demoknite

Postby demoknite » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:58 pm

inthepyramid wrote:After 7 years of never missing a show, podcasting every single one of them, I quit listening a month ago. I felt like I was just listening out of habit, it really wasn't entertaining to me anymore. Taint was the funniest part of the show whether they'd admit that or not, and Ian's probably a nice guy, but he adds nothing and is a shitty replacement for taint. Get a sirius/xm subscription and listen to jason ellis on faction.

I also listen out of habit, but I have invested too much time and money not to see this thing through to the end.
stupidlistener
How I listen: wxnr

Postby stupidlistener » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:48 am

Well I still listen about 50% of my work week on my way to work. During Ian's news this morning, did I hear one of the callers call about a story Ian did but said "back to what Tyler was saying about Facebook" and no one pick up on it? The fact that no one said anything made me doubt that's what I heard, but I'm pretty sure.
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: ONLINE

Postby licyourface » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:15 am

before biskit was fired and scott left i used to get up at 5 am just to listen live, chat with everyone on staff and watch them on web cam...then wait with anticipation for the podcast to go up and listen to each episode multiple times. i carried around a pad to make notes on each show so i could post them later on the forum and not forget anything, and also be certain i had it on the correct day.
it was the funniest and most mesmerizing the show had been since the fcc crack downs severely stifled their creativity and freedom...the combo of peter scott biskit taint dee terry and lex was perfect and every day was money. they also introduced uncensored podcasts at that time so you got every joke clearly. also there were no huge sections cut out of the live show then, just a short beep that allowed you to guess what they said anyway.
then peter left and that was the beginning of the end for me....he was just to important to the dynamic....i didn't want to feel that way, i love them all dearly and still believe they are better than anything else out there and always will be. but once you've experienced something so perfect....its hard to hold on to that same feeling no matter how much you want to.
also with scott and peter gone there was no one to raise objection when they told a story completely wrong about a guests reactions to them for the 10th time which drives me bonkers. its like slander...they refuse to give interviews not on the air because they don't want to be misquoted, yet they do it to other celebrities all the time. the most notorious being louis c.k. and mark wahlberg. neither of which had any issue or huge negative reaction to them on air but have gotten credit for doing so over and over and over and over....and over
dee has done a fantastic job ....but we had that year of jason boring us to death before we got around to him.
biskit was hilarious, confident and NEVER whined or cried on air. it really freakin sucks she rubbed peter the wrong way, she'd still be there. cuz lets face it there are staff members still there that have done way worse than she got fired for...hell tyler did at the very least the same...but peter loved him to death....even when he wanted to fire or strangle him.
im wondering if the sound quality is TOO good now because i find myself getting highly annoyed and irritated at just listening to lex and terry talk sometimes...ever little glovel stop, grunt, blocked nasal passage and over used phrase drives me way more up the wall than it ever did before.
then we get to the final nail....the point of this thread....tyler leaving. he was a bastard and made a ungrateful bitch move. HOWEVER for the on air portion of the show, hilarious quick and irreplaceable. I've heard the speech a million times about how the show keeps on going without everyone that leaves and no one person matters.
which considering its the lex and terry show, from their perspective is very true.
doesn't mean we have to be happy about it!! :)
i love lex so much and he will not agree with a word of this...but thats what makes him awesome, (in real life) you're allowed to disagree with him and not be passive aggressively punished for it.
i feel awful about not yet getting caught up and back to my original blind devotion because things are on a great new role and i'm so excited they finally have their own studio.
they've been in my life a decade and have done so many wonderful things for me and included me in fun opportunities i never would have been able to have without their help so i owe it to them to get my shit together and stop being a month behind. i also owe it to the fans to get back to my prior days of thorough recaps and comments on the show.
p.s. i don't think people have to be humiliated and risk their health to have a great show. only shows have to resort to that that aren't funny and don't have imagination....which is not them. BUT MY NAME ISNT ON THE STICKER. and everyone on else that listens seem to get off on that, so i suffer for the greater good :)
kaoss128
How I listen: 100.1

Postby kaoss128 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:04 pm

Lic summed it up pretty damn well. I used to listen to every single minute of every show. But not I barely catch any of it and I don't even care. Aren't the guys going on vacation? It's a shame I now look forward to their vacations so I can listen to the best of.
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:57 pm

Agreed. Just like Kel, I would listen live, the replay, and then the podcast one or two days later. I could damn near accurate time stamps on things.

The only real difference between then and now is, life got in the way! There is a huge difference between being a regular mechanic, and being a manager dealing with people. Plus, it's hard to listen live in a state where the guys aren't in (and also, in Pennsylvania, where I think think that 3G is ENTIRELY availible only in Philly and Pittsburg...
JUST SOME DUDE
VIP
VIP

Postby JUST SOME DUDE » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:26 pm

Preview wrote:Agreed. Just like Kel, I would listen live, the replay, and then the podcast one or two days later. I could damn near accurate time stamps on things.

The only real difference between then and now is, life got in the way! There is a huge difference between being a regular mechanic, and being a manager dealing with people. Plus, it's hard to listen live in a state where the guys aren't in (and also, in Pennsylvania, where I think think that 3G is ENTIRELY availible only in Philly and Pittsburg...

they aren't live in the state THEY ARE IN... lol
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:57 pm

Alright, ASS! I know that....

My point was BOTH avenues of listening live are taken from me with the area I live in.
DrProctor

Postby DrProctor » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:20 am

I'm listening to March of 2006 and Taint is absent from a few shows because his brain is leaking. It pisses me off because he's what I want to hear the most! (Cue Brokeback Mountain theme)
pvtjoker
VIP
VIP
How I listen: fuck radio...podcast

Postby pvtjoker » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:47 pm

licyourface wrote: i carried around a pad to make notes on each show so i could post them later on the forum and not forget anything

holy shit...i used to do this...i'm glad i wasn't the only one...people used to see me and ask "what are you writing down...?"

"nothing....nothing..."
she's a man...it's a sled...he's dead already...
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:41 pm

You never have released the famous "pvtjoker L&T files". I still swear that you had/have a data base somewhere!

And the curious people were probably wondering if you were investigating THEM! Do you still do that job?

Return to “General Show Chat”