I really miss Taint!

Discuss anything show related....
HBK
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: Q102 Springfield MO

Re: I really miss Taint!

Postby HBK » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:31 am

Holy shit, Joker... Where have you been?
"You'd have to be a real boob to not be abreast of the Lingerie Football League rules to the point they call you a bust. As for the replacement refs, a rack of bad calls means they should implant some improvements before this whole thing goes tits up."
pvtjoker
VIP
VIP
How I listen: fuck radio...podcast

Postby pvtjoker » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:03 pm

HBK wrote:Holy shit, Joker... Where have you been?

i lurk...thats what i am now...i've been reduced to a damn lurker...i only login to pick on preview...
she's a man...it's a sled...he's dead already...
JUST SOME DUDE
VIP
VIP
How I listen: podcast

Postby JUST SOME DUDE » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:53 pm

pvtjoker wrote:
HBK wrote:Holy shit, Joker... Where have you been?

i lurk...thats what i am now...i've been reduced to a damn lurker...i only login to pick on preview...

that's funny man... seems like all the originals have been reduced
Preview
VIP
VIP
How I listen: Podcast

Postby Preview » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:18 am

pvtjoker wrote:...i only login to pick on preview...

If that's what it takes to get you back on here more often, I'll gladly take it.
producerflie
How I listen: app

Postby producerflie » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:42 am

I know this is an old thread. I signed up specifically to reply to this. I haven't listened to L&T in a few months myself. It's a shame actually. I was obsessed with the show. I compared it to something like Seinfeld, L&T's names may be on the stickers, but it was the supporting cast that made it gold.
Sam was a huge part of the show. I still miss him.
When Scott left, that was the beginning of the end for me. His sound drops and sense of humor was priceless.
Then Peter left. Again, irreplacable. I still follow Peter on FB. L&T, not so much.
Then Taint. I didn't like him at first but after a while I began to see how important his role was and I enjoyed listening.
Then Dee. I know he hasn't left but I once found him funny, now he just annoys me.
The final nail in the coffin for me was Ian. I did my "level best" giving this guy a shot. I thought after a while I would learn to like him as well. Actually the opposite has happened. He is just horrible in every sense of the word. I could go on but it really wouldn't serve any purpose.
I used to wonder what a sinking ship sounded like, now I know. I believe somebody said earlier they look forward to vacations so they could hear the best ofs. I couldn't agree with that more. The only time I have laughed while listening to the show lately is during the best ofs. I just found this forum in google and I guess I needed some confirmation in the way I'm thinking about the show. I'm glad I'm not alone.
demoknite
How I listen: podcast

Postby demoknite » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:34 pm

producerflie wrote:I know this is an old thread. I signed up specifically to reply to this. I haven't listened to L&T in a few months myself. It's a shame actually. I was obsessed with the show. I compared it to something like Seinfeld, L&T's names may be on the stickers, but it was the supporting cast that made it gold.
Sam was a huge part of the show. I still miss him.
When Scott left, that was the beginning of the end for me. His sound drops and sense of humor was priceless.
Then Peter left. Again, irreplacable. I still follow Peter on FB. L&T, not so much.
Then Taint. I didn't like him at first but after a while I began to see how important his role was and I enjoyed listening.
Then Dee. I know he hasn't left but I once found him funny, now he just annoys me.
The final nail in the coffin for me was Ian. I did my "level best" giving this guy a shot. I thought after a while I would learn to like him as well. Actually the opposite has happened. He is just horrible in every sense of the word. I could go on but it really wouldn't serve any purpose.
I used to wonder what a sinking ship sounded like, now I know. I believe somebody said earlier they look forward to vacations so they could hear the best ofs. I couldn't agree with that more. The only time I have laughed while listening to the show lately is during the best ofs. I just found this forum in google and I guess I needed some confirmation in the way I'm thinking about the show. I'm glad I'm not alone.

I think Sam has "sort of" been replaced by Slo Motion. He is the only one that can put Dee back in his place and Lex and Terry seem to not be so full of himself when he is around. He also seems to be very knowledgable about sports and has a lot of angles that L&T dont talk about.
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: ONLINE

Postby licyourface » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:06 pm

I think terry made a huge mistake rolling over when he introduced the idea of letting tyler do some stuff for the show after he left. Dee's opinion shouldnt count because he naturally has alterior motives for wantng tyler to stay good and gone. I would b surprised to find out dee egged tyler on in his idea to demand outrageous pay and leave. However they prefer to blame jason. I font understand lex's bull headed stance on it...unless its just that important he be right. I dont care wth tyler said at his exit lunch...nothing should wipe out the previous successful 6yrs and leap of faith move to dallas. I really really miss the days when i hung on every word and listened to the same episodes over and over...id get up early when i didnt have to. i just like joker could remember anything said or done on the show and where it could be found for years at a time. Now i face the heart breaking reality that ive missed more shows this year than ive heard. Nothing will ever change the love and family like bond i feel towards the real life lex terry dee sarah....but the show is just like any other now...mediocre
Used to, u never knew what to expect...the chemistry and talent of the combo of people just naturally bred hilarity. Now they just have to try too hard.

i just dont see how if lex made it a goal to listen while he runs to 2006-9 files he coud honestly say he doesnt see the difference ...he maintains the show always bounces back of the years after ever staff loss as if everyone is disposable...and he may be right about one at a time losses in the years prior to 2008.
but the greatest show on earth isnt going to bounce back unaffected from the loss of biskit...scott...peter...tyler all within 2 yrs, all hilarious and al part of a beautiful on air chemistry...i dont give a damn what went on off the air.

their production value is fantastic, especially the handling of terry out of town. the new studio is stellar....but its all for not if they dont get their on air fun mojo back
ian is never funny...im so sorry man, but im being honest....well the star impression thing was great...but thats it.
dee is a great producer but i miss the constant adding of new sound effects and quotes to catch us off guard and make us laugh. i think dee has too much on his plate to look for that stuff. maybe sara could? she always wants to do more and she her work ethic is great
J-mental
VIP
VIP

Postby J-mental » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:58 pm

licyourface wrote: their production value is fantastic, especially the handling of terry out of town. the new studio is stellar....but its all for not if they dont get their on air fun mojo back

Case in point here. Terry STILL hasn't moved back to Dallas yet to be with the show permanent. That telling enough by itself to anyone, or does a freight train have to hit you for you to realize it? Terry's basically retired. He's up in liberal crunchy Seattle and he's NOT moving back. I could have personally built his house by hand by now if he was serious about coming back. He's basically retired, but still gets paid and gets to do a half assed show from where he lives.
"I want you to remember that. I wanted to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, and in your most private moments, I want you to remember the one MAN who beat you..."
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: ONLINE

Postby licyourface » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:23 am

Lol omg mental you are soooo wrong. How can you just speculate from the outside about someone's personal business you know nothing about. What are you, a human tabloid??
The situation with that god forsaken building in Seattle terry and Shari have been stuck with is out of their hands. They are not allowed to rent it out until it passes code.
The contractor has been jerking them around for a year..they lead terry to believe he'd only b stuck goin back and forth for a few months tops.
He and lex don't pull the big money they did back when they weren't on their own and radio hadn't gone to shit yet. That's why he can't pay two mortgages and had to sell the Dallas property.
You think terry likes having to get up at 2am everyday so he can do the show at the same time as the guys in Dallas?? He hates it...plus he misses being able to b n studio with his buddies.
He still has every intention of coming back and he is doin just as much as he was when he lived in Dallas so I don't know where you get this him bein paid to do nothing idea.
I'll give u a perfect example of how much things have changed in radio IN ONLY A YEAR as far as money they get...last year at Deluna everyone got private sweet ass rooms in the Hilton just steps from the TK tent and we all got VIP passes with a guest pass.
There was a tab run for anything we wanted and the best food ever.
This year the whole staff was crammed in some families condo they rented which was a total dump a mile from Deluna and they rode a station van back and forth. None of us got guest passes.
The sweet guy that sarah hung out with they eluded too works at two different clear channel stations simultaneously...doing an overnight show and then straight to a morning one. He lives in mobile, an hour away and is only 22. There were 3 staff members from tk101 missing this year that everyone loved who had more experience and were great at their jobs, but they were laid off because of cut backs and r now barely a memory.
They guys still love what they do and are doin everything they can to maintain high production quality, hence the expense incurred only by them for that new studio and the expense of equipment to make a great ustream experience and make terry sound like he's in the room.
I understand ur frustration over the show not being nearly as fun and funny anymore...I feel it too. But for god sakes stop acting like they are on easy street and are changing the show because they don't care .
Dee was selling rubber bracelets at Deluna to make extra money like a homeless person for fuck sake! lol
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:54 am

Kel, as I have said before....we can only go on what we hear. We do not have the inside personal connection to the guys like you do..We all know radio isnt what it was when the guys were on top. Not sure exactly what Terry's situation is with his place, or what the "code' is. But by this time I am not sure why he doesnt dump it on the bank and sue the builder....if it isnt safe, it isnt safe....He may hate getting up at 2, but that is THE WORST of his complaining....he is living where he wanted to, has his own radio show as he wanted to, has the guests he wants....
He is just not pulling the money he wanted...but his lifestyle hasnt changed other than moving, selling his bike.
wangshi2011
How I listen: askjdhjas jas

Postby wangshi2011 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:47 am

I also listen out of habit, but I have invested too much time and money not to see this thing through to the end.

Edit:
Do not post spam again!
H
J-mental
VIP
VIP

Postby J-mental » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:46 am

Kel... do you have any idea how to fucking indent?
"I want you to remember that. I wanted to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, and in your most private moments, I want you to remember the one MAN who beat you..."
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:44 am

..it seems like everyone (on the show) this week "kinda" missed Taint also.....there was a little discussion about what was the funniest thing Taint did...I think the Gary Busey interview was one of my favorites..
MCNABB51BOI
How I listen: FM AND XM

Postby MCNABB51BOI » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:23 pm

i dont miss taint he was acting like a damn idiot toward the end. Ian can atleast hold a decent conversation Dee acts dumb ass hell also . i like what Ian brings to the table.

Terry's attitude :roll: dude thinks he is better than everyone on the show , like he is some big time hollywood guy . can it be anymore obvious Terry either cant stand Lex or just think she is a idiot .
Preview
VIP
VIP

Postby Preview » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:55 pm

Actually, the MOST disingenuous thing about Terry is his attitude about wealth.
According to his own story, he came from nothing, a poor family, and spent a long period homeless in his car. He went from that to a fairly prosperous radio show in around 5 to 10 years, climaxing back in '05. So, within about 12 years, he went from broke to elitist asshole to nearly broke again to "idealist" want-to-be.
"If I ever get rich again, I'll be completely deferent than before" Does that sound like any other wreak less spender that you may have encountered in your own life?

Return to “General Show Chat”