New bit ideas

Discuss anything show related....
fsuhistory

New bit ideas

Postby fsuhistory » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:07 pm

Alright, ya know how they do out of context of course:

What if they did a top 20 worse sports statements.

Such as "Oklahoma City Thunder will never be good" (Terry)

or "Aaron Rodgers was heavily recruited" (Lex)

or "The Grizzlies didn't get anything in the Gasol trade" (entire show)
Axel
VIP
VIP

Re: New bit ideas

Postby Axel » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:56 am

Here is a idea......instead of doing a "bit", how about getting a guest in the studio. and NO I don't mean David T. Can anyone here tell me the last time they actually had a INTERESTING, honest to god "celebrity" type person...I think the last REAL celebrity they had( on the phone) was Ruth Buzzy. Isn't she in the Dallas area with a cattle ranch? Getting her in studio (with Terry) just may get things rolling! She may be old but she is very talented and is still sharp as a tack.
I know Dee used to handle this part of the job, but since he has acquired all these other positions, I am sure he has his hands full....

Kinda funny...just after posting this, I was listening LIVE and they took the proverbial "you suck" call......well Terry makes the comment, we know what we are doing and we have a "PLAN"...Lex then comments with "just who is cutting edge?"...then the typical, others doing podcasts, being on XM.. Well believe it or not some of those doing Podcasts are doing rather well, getting paid, having guests...
Terry announced BIG NEWS regarding a affiliate (he is still scratching his head why they are not on there).....sounds familiar....
MCNABB51BOI
How I listen: FM AND XM

Postby MCNABB51BOI » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:38 pm

i like the show i dont care about guest but, its just been the shows attitude when ever theres a good conversation going on politics, race, sports , current events. somebody gets ass whipped . NO MORE CALLS NO MORE CALLS just when it gets good im like cmon . just my thoughts
demoknite
How I listen: podcast

Postby demoknite » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:09 pm

MCNABB51BOI wrote:i like the show i dont care about guest but, its just been the shows attitude when ever theres a good conversation going on politics, race, sports , current events. somebody gets ass whipped . NO MORE CALLS NO MORE CALLS just when it gets good im like cmon . just my thoughts

I feel the exact same way. It's usually Terry who does his "I hate ______", ass whips everything with a "whatever!" and cant keep the conversation going, or he takes the calls and just hangs up on people or the no more calls like you said. Or the fake break that ruins the flow of the conversation. Then you have Dee who could actually carry on a conversation about a lot of things but decides to do the thing where he makes up words and stutters or whatever. He is so much better than that.
I just listened to a show where they had that wrestler on live in studio who was actually really entertaining and meshed well with the show. But the guests are not actually that good anymore, even when they do get A listers they are just on press junkets doing obvious promotions and dont even know who theyre talking to, or the connection sucks.
MCNABB51BOI
How I listen: FM AND XM

Postby MCNABB51BOI » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:43 pm

I feel the exact same way. It's usually Terry who does his "I hate ______", ass whips everything with a "whatever!" and cant keep the conversation going, or he takes the calls and just hangs up on people or the no more calls like you said. Or the fake break that ruins the flow of the conversation. Then you have Dee who could actually carry on a conversation about a lot of things but decides to do the thing where he makes up words and stutters or whatever. He is so much better than that.
I just listened to a show where they had that wrestler on live in studio who was actually really entertaining and meshed well with the show. But the guests are not actually that good anymore, even when they do get A listers they are just on press junkets doing obvious promotions and dont even know who theyre talking to, or the connection sucks.

Yea Dee does that at times , the other day when he went off about people saying he is cooning or shucking and jiveing . We know your acting when you start to stutter and acting dumb , like really the dumb hood dude again cmon now. 1 more thing i wonder how many more times Lex is gonna take the little passive aggresive insults from Terry about " people are richer than us " ,the shows status right now or their careers . I really think the show is great i subscribe listen every night at work . Lex at this point is my favorite radio host on the air i listen to all kinds of podcast from XM to just stuff online i think Terry doesnt give himself or the show enough credit at times.
demoknite
How I listen: podcast

Postby demoknite » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:58 am

MCNABB51BOI wrote:

Yea Dee does that at times , the other day when he went off about people saying he is cooning or shucking and jiveing . We know your acting when you start to stutter and acting dumb , like really the dumb hood dude again cmon now. 1 more thing i wonder how many more times Lex is gonna take the little passive aggresive insults from Terry about " people are richer than us " ,the shows status right now or their careers . I really think the show is great i subscribe listen every night at work . Lex at this point is my favorite radio host on the air i listen to all kinds of podcast from XM to just stuff online i think Terry doesnt give himself or the show enough credit at times.

Im not sure how long you have been listening, but for the longest time Terry has wanted the show to be in the same vein as the Howard Stern show where they are instantly recognizable. Beyond that he has had big dreams about being on TV whether it was the show doing the howard thing or him being on some stupid morning show aimed at women. Not too long ago he seriously tried to get all the listeners to vote for him to replace Regis Philbin for a week. This is after years of haning up on people and calling them stupid long after it wasnt the joke or the flavor of the show. And something tells me that even if he did ever make it, he would just find something to complain about and never be happy.
DrProctor
How I listen: Podcast

Postby DrProctor » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:15 am

Well, the more he looks like Michael Moore, the less chance he has of making in TV.
fsuhistory

Postby fsuhistory » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:45 am

Wow guys keep the bit ideas coming in......

:oops:

Return to “General Show Chat”