OMFG back in the ville on monday

Discuss anything show related....
JUST SOME DUDE
VIP
VIP
How I listen: podcast

Re: OMFG back in the ville on monday

Postby JUST SOME DUDE » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:26 pm

producerflie wrote:Have you also noticed that in OKC the station cuts to commercial as soon as one of the guys says the phone number for the show? I didn't pick up on it until I was listening on the app one day. The station actually loses a lot of the show by doing that.

that's the reason to podcast... miss out on the live version but I'd like to call.. but oh well

here in OKC you only get about 2 minutes of the show, then 2 minutes of commercials and a song

During the nba finals, Terry kept asking where the OKC thunder fans were..... listening to Eddie Money...
DrProctor
How I listen: Podcast

Postby DrProctor » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:41 pm

They did that in Dallas right before they got cut completely. Very frustrating. It's like a failing restaurant trying to survive by raising prices and reducing quality.
Last edited by DrProctor on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:25 pm

When they first offered the podcast, I jumped on it...one- it was nice to be able to PAUSE and listen to the show in it's entirety....two- the local station would just saturate commercials with car dealerships, so having those edited out was great.....three-being on midnight shift every other month sucked but having the show "recorded" allowed me to listen at any time...
The only "negative" to listening this way was if you wanted to comment on a topic, you were shit out of luck....Believe it or not Fast Forwarding was NEVER a thought until some of the topics or bits either got OLD or would DEE-Rail the show...
The Uncensored part originally was a great idea, not so much about "the cussing" but because you could hear the conversation....the "beep" that Scott used kinda kept you in the loop....but when the "dump button" got implemented having it uncensored was a must.....like you said, hearing random parts without context...bad idea. Though it appears that it isnt as uncensored as it used to be

I'm off tomorrow.....gonna listen in and see how things roll with Jacksonville back in the mix.

Return to “General Show Chat”