Postby jayvilleyourface » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:45 pm

thank fuckin god and his baby jesus

Al Gore's internet has not been cutting it for getting my L&T fix
Axel
VIP
VIP

Re: OMFG back in the ville on monday

Postby Axel » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:28 pm

MAN....I thought you dropped off the face of the earth. So, what are the details? I haven't been listening for a couple of months...so what was "the official" word? AM or FM?...is it the FULL show? I know here they have been playing music in between stuff....Is it a format change of a station?
Also, BIG question........have you seen or heard any advertizing where you are promoting their return? We all know how things ended the last time a station brought them back..The guys got lied to and the station basically stole the show without paying them....Well, this is what we were told over the air....
Preview
VIP
VIP
How I listen: Podcast

Postby Preview » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:16 pm

Well, I know they are going on WSOS 94.1 Classic rock. And yes, they got pub in some local paper.

And welcome back, jay. Any new rants?
jayvilleyourface
How I listen: 420

Postby jayvilleyourface » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:22 pm

it is an FM station. classic rock. i heard some ads on that station. the guys doing what they do. good shit. happy days ahead.....

.... here is one of the articles on the return.

They’re lewd and rude and they are back on the radio in Jacksonville — again.

After a year’s absence from the local airwaves, the Lex (Staley) & Terry (Jaymes) Radio Show returns Monday on Classic Rock WSOS (94.1 FM).

Currently airing on 24 radio stations nationwide including Gainesville and Tallahassee, this will be the radio duo’s third radio visit to their old home’s airwaves since they started together 20 years ago.

“It was one of those deals that came together. They wanted us on in Jacksonville and we wanted to be back,” Staley said. “We have wanted to get back on an FM signal since we left in 2010.”

“We are still doing things you don’t want your wife or children to listen to,” Jaymes said. “And we are basically having fun every single morning and we still get away with it.”

Bill Reese, general manager of WSOS and Renda Broadcasting’s three other radio stations in Jacksonville, said he had been negotiating with the duo for six months. While WSOS plays classic rock, Lex & Terry will be music-free for four hours every morning.

“I felt like we really needed to have a personality on our classic rock station and what better way than to bring someone with a heritage back like Lex & Terry,” Reese said.

The Lex & Terry show started at what was then WFYV-FM, Rock 105 in Jacksonville in 1992. Staley was the station’s program director, and Jaymes was an actor and standup comedian. The show was nationally syndicated in 1997 when the duo moved to a Dallas radio station to build their network. Within two years they returned to Jacksonville after the Dallas station changed formats.

After almost 13 years dominating the Jacksonville market among young male adults, the pair went off the air locally when Rock 105 went to an all-music format in 2005. Staley and Jaymes moved to Planet Radio (107.3 FM) until its demise in August 2010. Their syndicated program moved to what they jokingly call the “1010 experiment” on Jacksonville sports radio station WJXL (1010 AM) until a year ago.

Jaymes said other Jacksonville radio stations had approached them but wanted music interspersed with their syndicated show. Staley said the deal with WSOS was signed and sealed a few weeks ago. They will be back to broadcast live in WSOS’ studio at 6440 Atlantic Blvd.

“Jacksonville has always been the most important place and that was part of the deal,” Jaymes said. “We will be coming back and plan to continue our motorcycle ride for autism.”

The show airs locally from 6-10 a.m. weekdays.
Preview
VIP
VIP
How I listen: Podcast

Postby Preview » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:27 pm

Sucks that J-ville still misses the lost hour...
JUST SOME DUDE
VIP
VIP
How I listen: podcast

Postby JUST SOME DUDE » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Preview wrote:Sucks that J-ville still misses the lost hour...

exactly what I was thinking...

I wish they'd lose the music here in OKC... same commercials daily and music weekly..
producerflie
How I listen: app

Postby producerflie » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:41 am

Have you also noticed that in OKC the station cuts to commercial as soon as one of the guys says the phone number for the show? I didn't pick up on it until I was listening on the app one day. The station actually loses a lot of the show by doing that.
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: ONLINE

Postby licyourface » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:42 am

So jayville the self proclaimed "first lex&terry show fan" , doesn't see any difference in the shows level of greatness?
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:01 am

I am extremely happy for the guys in regards to getting back on in Jacksonville. It is about time someone down there actually got their head out of their ass.! I wish them all the best and hope it spreads like wildfire....It should not take much especially when others find out they are back.
You can say Jayville is a lot of things....passionate about the show is definitely one.
I may have to make it a point and tune in once again....Florida callers always seem to be the best......maybe Ian can bring back "It happened in Florida". I know one of the guys dont care for the intro.....but it was alway a part of Peet's news that I looked forward to..

Again...Guys, congratulations on getting back to Freakville....I am having GOOD feeling about this!!!
I think this may be "the shot in the arm" the show needed....
demoknite

Postby demoknite » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:31 am

I have been listening so long that when I read Terry's quote I did so with that anticipatory nasal inhalation and then with the fake "hyuk, hyuk" laugh he does. I would rather them miss the lost hour than have the must break done. It seems people could complain and get the lost hour, it seems harder for OKC fans to get the music break cancelled, thats if they are even calling to complain about it. And Im glad they stuck to their guns and didnt take the stations that wanted the break. I could forsee them wanting a different break than OKC and just convoluting the show to shit.
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby licyourface » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:20 pm

I'll never understand why terry doesnt have corrective surgury on his septum. Insurance would cover it. It would be easy for a primary care physician to produce documentation he cant breath through his nose.
It would make a huge difference n his voice
demoknite

Postby demoknite » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:28 pm

Funny how they make fun of Peter for having the nasal voice, when in reality Terry has the absolute most nasal voice ever.
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby licyourface » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:56 pm

I know!!! That's what I've always said. Peter had a great radio voice
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:35 pm

..and his play by play was second to none!!
jayvilleyourface
How I listen: 420

Postby jayvilleyourface » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:13 am

licyourface wrote:So jayville the self proclaimed "first lex&terry show fan" , doesn't see any difference in the shows level of greatness?

your current pic of you and sarah is a level of greatness. didnt realize you were so Licable.

Return to “General Show Chat”