Why do you effing eat on the air?

Discuss anything show related....
fsuhistory

Why do you effing eat on the air?

Postby fsuhistory » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:59 am

I know the guys hammer callers who ask about this saying "You try working 5 hours straight", etc....

But they have long commercial breaks. So i don't really get it, and it sounds brutal, especially with Dee and Terry.
User avatar
demoknite
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 1069
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:46 am
How I listen: podcast

Re: Why do you fing eat on the air?

Postby demoknite » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:59 am

fsuhistory wrote:I know the guys hammer callers who ask about this saying "You try working 5 hours straight", etc....

But they have long commercial breaks. So i don't really get it, and it sounds brutal, especially with Dee and Terry.


I hate it. Peter was good about keeping them in check on it. Yes they have a five hour show with only 6 minute breaks in between, but its not that hard for someone to take a segment off.
User avatar
Axel
VIP
VIP
Posts: 3056
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:03 pm
Location: Savannah

Re: Why do you fing eat on the air?

Postby Axel » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:49 pm

Honestly it never really bothered me.. The eating on air stuff.... It is Terry's higher than mighty attitude that got on my nerves
Image
User avatar
ahkbar316
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:31 am
How I listen: Podcast

Re: Why do you fing eat on the air?

Postby ahkbar316 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:44 am

demoknite wrote:
fsuhistory wrote:I know the guys hammer callers who ask about this saying "You try working 5 hours straight", etc....

But they have long commercial breaks. So i don't really get it, and it sounds brutal, especially with Dee and Terry.


I hate it. Peter was good about keeping them in check on it. Yes they have a five hour show with only 6 minute breaks in between, but its not that hard for someone to take a segment off.


I'd rather have all hands on deck every segment and listen to some snacking than otherwise.
User avatar
demoknite
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 1069
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:46 am
How I listen: podcast

Re: Why do you fing eat on the air?

Postby demoknite » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:45 pm

ahkbar316 wrote:
demoknite wrote:
fsuhistory wrote:I know the guys hammer callers who ask about this saying "You try working 5 hours straight", etc....

But they have long commercial breaks. So i don't really get it, and it sounds brutal, especially with Dee and Terry.


I hate it. Peter was good about keeping them in check on it. Yes they have a five hour show with only 6 minute breaks in between, but its not that hard for someone to take a segment off.


I'd rather have all hands on deck every segment and listen to some snacking than otherwise.


You dont have all hands on deck every segment. If you listen close you will notice people taking at least a half segment off if not a whole one.
User avatar
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Posts: 9228
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:17 am
How I listen: ONLINE
Location: pensacola
Contact:

Re: Why do you fing eat on the air?

Postby licyourface » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:10 am

Dee goes out of his way to make it sound disgusting and annoyong as possible.
Terry makes sure its obvious too.
Theres plenty of oppurtunity to eat without sounding like a pig in a trough. Sarah manages to do it, so does lex
User avatar
Axel
VIP
VIP
Posts: 3056
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:03 pm
Location: Savannah

Re: Why do you fing eat on the air?

Postby Axel » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:25 am

licyourface wrote:Dee goes out of his way to make it sound disgusting and annoyong as possible.
............

are you taking about his eating on air or when he "talks sex"? :mrgreen:
Image
User avatar
Osiris
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:31 pm
How I listen: Podcast

Re: Why do you effing eat on the air?

Postby Osiris » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:39 pm

I would love it if one morning every caller would eat while talking with them. Just take a big spoonful of cereal or something and start talking.
User avatar
Osiris
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:31 pm
How I listen: Podcast

Re: Why do you effing eat on the air?

Postby Osiris » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:43 pm

Oh, regarding the "five hours straight"... I have gone five hours without eating quite often. It's not hard.
User avatar
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Posts: 9228
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:17 am
How I listen: ONLINE
Location: pensacola
Contact:

Re: Why do you effing eat on the air?

Postby licyourface » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:22 pm

Osiris wrote:I would love it if one morning every caller would eat while talking with them. Just take a big spoonful of cereal or something and start talking.

Hahaha that's a great idea! They would totally get it then
JUST SOME DUDE
VIP
VIP
Posts: 2358
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:19 am
How I listen: podcast
Location: Oklahoma City

Re: Why do you effing eat on the air?

Postby JUST SOME DUDE » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:34 pm

Osiris wrote:I would love it if one morning every caller would eat while talking with them. Just take a big spoonful of cereal or something and start talking.



a bag of chips, cheetos... chewing with an open mouth... perfect
Image
User avatar
J-mental
VIP
VIP
Posts: 1853
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:15 pm
How I listen: Podcast

Re: Why do you effing eat on the air?

Postby J-mental » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:55 am

I remember a long time ago, back in the day, the guys were eating on the air all the time and this caller called in out of the blue, munching away on chips. And they go "So what are you calling about?" and the guy goes "Oh, nothing. I just wanted to let YOU hear ME chewing on the radio."

Everyone laughed and they actually knocked it off for awhile. It was one of those few moments when a fan called in, busted their chops, and the conceded a point. It sticks out in my mind for some reason.
"I want you to remember that. I wanted to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, and in your most private moments, I want you to remember the one MAN who beat you..."
User avatar
Huey-1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:15 pm
How I listen: podcast

Re: Why do you effing eat on the air?

Postby Huey-1 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:34 pm

J-mental wrote:I remember a long time ago, back in the day, the guys were eating on the air all the time and this caller called in out of the blue, munching away on chips. And they go "So what are you calling about?" and the guy goes "Oh, nothing. I just wanted to let YOU hear ME chewing on the radio."

Everyone laughed and they actually knocked it off for awhile. It was one of those few moments when a fan called in, busted their chops, and the conceded a point. It sticks out in my mind for some reason.


From reading your previous post, I gather that your mind works flawlessly. I suggest that we all bow to your take on the manner.
User avatar
J-mental
VIP
VIP
Posts: 1853
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:15 pm
How I listen: Podcast

Re: Why do you effing eat on the air?

Postby J-mental » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:11 am

Huey-1 wrote:
J-mental wrote:I remember a long time ago, back in the day, the guys were eating on the air all the time and this caller called in out of the blue, munching away on chips. And they go "So what are you calling about?" and the guy goes "Oh, nothing. I just wanted to let YOU hear ME chewing on the radio."

Everyone laughed and they actually knocked it off for awhile. It was one of those few moments when a fan called in, busted their chops, and the conceded a point. It sticks out in my mind for some reason.


From reading your previous post, I gather that your mind works flawlessly. I suggest that we all bow to your take on the manner.


When it comes to this show, I remember everything that happens. It seems like you made an account for the sole purpose of bashing me. I feel incredibly honored sir. Keep it up. My ego inflates with every passing second.
"I want you to remember that. I wanted to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, and in your most private moments, I want you to remember the one MAN who beat you..."
User avatar
girlnerd
VIP
VIP
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 4:02 pm
How I listen: podcast
Location: Saco, Maine

Re: Why do you effing eat on the air?

Postby girlnerd » Wed May 22, 2013 4:02 pm

It's especially annoying when they do it on purpose. And a little disrespectful as well.

Return to “General Show Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest