Who's More Pathetic?

Discuss anything show related....
Preview
VIP
VIP
How I listen: Podcast

Who's More Pathetic?

Postby Preview » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:31 am

All of you garner my vote. To Infinity, and BEYOND!

I stopped listening a year ago and stopped coming here not long after. If you were to ask me why I stopped listening, I’d have to say it’s because of all of you. If you were to ask me why I stopped commenting, I’d have to say it’s because of all of you. You, the “P1”’s of all Lex and Terry fandom, have caused more heartache and disparity to me and my listening experience than anything the guys have ever done. You people, those fans above fans, have driven me away. Because of that, I vote you Who’s More Pathetic.

You all claim to be “true” fans of the show. I call bullshit. You are fans of a show that was 15 years ago. You do not acknowledge that times, situations, and people change. You only see the microcosm of a past state of being slip away and cannot reconcile it in your limited world view of what “should be” about the show. As these are the views you hold about something as simple as a morning show, I shudder to think about your voting habits, or your view on civil rights, or…. pick a subject. By your actions here on this forum, I am sure that you would all be okay with antiquated social/political world views.You people seem incapable of change or, at the very least, so opposed to it that you border on intolerance. I'd be afraid if I were facing you as you flanked Governor Wallace on the steps of the University of Alabama. This is as locked into the past as I see you all.

As a gesture of my commitment of leaving the show and all of you faux-fans, I have deleted all of my files and mp3’s of the show. This is what all of you want right? If it can’t be as it was, why hold on to the past in hopes that there is a future? Or, as all of you seem to hold, why expect change if it isn't the past?

So, in conclusion, I bid thee all farewell, as I delete my 2 external hard drive worth of tainted, beloved history. Truly, I hope you all do well.

I vote you all in my last post (at least those that deserve it) as WHO’S MOST PATHETIC! Congrats!
Attachments
6c1a3721c6bcde6bc1c0ae3f92f863c3163cd970db78e3f90aaccfffa35c6ee5.jpg
6c1a3721c6bcde6bc1c0ae3f92f863c3163cd970db78e3f90aaccfffa35c6ee5.jpg (72.41 KiB) Viewed 2287 times
Axel
VIP
VIP

Re: Who's More Pathetic?

Postby Axel » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:41 am

You must be related to Terry, placing blame on someone/ something else...
Gee... I was under the impression no one posts here any longer or anything good becaouse there is very lite good to post. As for you calling out p1s ... Kelly does the daily and I seem to be the last of the dead breed ...
I have TRIED SO HARD AND FOR SO LONG .. To keep up hope that the show would make some type of positive change, but alas, more disappointment.
My friend I wish you well, and hate to say... I'm out the door with you
As for being pathetic.... I must confess . For hanging on to hope for so long... I guess I am, but I have always been a hopeless romantic and voted for the underdog...
.. Unfortunately ... This dog no longer hunts and needs to be put down
J-mental
VIP
VIP

Postby J-mental » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:53 am

You're calling me pathetic, yet it's sad to see you two go. I rarely ever listen anymore, and when I do it's for 10 minutes and I'm back to listening to music, but Is till come here multiple times a day because of you guys. This site is just a force of habit for me to check up on, and it'd be really sad if it were to go.

Sorry to see you going, Preview, Axel, we've had our differences but you were pretty cool dudes.

As for not being able to let go of the past? The show was good once. It's not now. It's not that crazy for me to cling to the past when the show is dogshit now, and it wasn't back then. I just don't listen. There's way better stuff out there. I'll admit, I want the show to fail at this point. It'd be worth it to me just to see Terry and Dee lose their jobs and go broke, I'm that bitter about who they are and how they act and how the medium of radio has kept them employed for about 5 years longer than they ever should have. They're both just really shitty people.
"I want you to remember that. I wanted to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, and in your most private moments, I want you to remember the one MAN who beat you..."
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: ONLINE

Postby licyourface » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:26 am

These are the most well thought out articulate and worth my time to read posts, the three of you have ever done....ohhhhh the irony :D
I lost my desire to listen above all other recreation in my life about 2 yrs ago. Not something I can help, just what ever or who ever it was on the show that had me addicted for a decade...went away.
I keep doing my job here out of respect and sentimentality.
I will always love lex terry dee and sarah personally because my feelings for them have nothing to do with the show.
its because of that im happy they adapted to the current market and stayed wicked successful.
pvtjoker
VIP
VIP
How I listen: fuck radio...podcast

Postby pvtjoker » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:50 am

Preview wrote:I stopped listening a year ago and stopped coming here not long after.

yet here you are...again...

Preview wrote:If you were to ask me why I stopped listening, I’d have to say it’s because of all of you.

we wouldn't...

Preview wrote:If you were to ask me why I stopped commenting, I’d have to say it’s because of all of you.

again preview...please...we wouldn't...

Preview wrote:You, the “P1”’s of all Lex and Terry fandom, have caused more heartache and disparity to me and my listening experience than anything the guys have ever done. You people, those fans above fans, have driven me away. Because of that, I vote you Who’s More Pathetic.

i...personally...see this as an honor to be voted WMP...and i thank you...

Preview wrote:You all claim to be “true” fans of the show. I call bullshit. You are fans of a show that was 15 years ago. You do not acknowledge that times, situations, and people change. You only see the microcosm of a past state of being slip away and cannot reconcile it in your limited world view of what “should be” about the show. As these are the views you hold about something as simple as a morning show, I shudder to think about your voting habits, or your view on civil rights, or…. pick a subject. By your actions here on this forum, I am sure that you would all be okay with antiquated social/political world views.You people seem incapable of change or, at the very least, so opposed to it that you border on intolerance. I'd be afraid if I were facing you as you flanked Governor Wallace on the steps of the University of Alabama. This is as locked into the past as I see you all.

it's been widely ranted by most...if not all of the long-time fans that the show has lost the magic that made it what is was...and all we've been acknowledging is the change in "times, situations, and people"...are we happy that these people are gone...??? no...it sucks...BUT...i'm more interested how you stated your case in four sentences and then spent the rest of the paragraph comparing us to the national guardsmen who were flanking wallace in june of 1963...btw preview...they were there to REMOVE HIM...under orders from general henry graham if he did not step aside...goddamn i hate when ppl fuck up history...

Preview wrote:As a gesture of my commitment of leaving the show and all of you faux-fans, I have deleted all of my files and mp3’s of the show.

i would suggest filling the empty space with happy images...bunnies and puppies...

Preview wrote:This is what all of you want right? If it can’t be as it was, why hold on to the past in hopes that there is a future? Or, as all of you seem to hold, why expect change if it isn't the past?

the wording structure of these sentences makes me so fucking mad i can't even comment on them...

Preview wrote:So, in conclusion, I bid thee all farewell, as I delete my 2 external hard drive worth of tainted, beloved history. Truly, I hope you all do well.
I vote you all in my last post (at least those that deserve it) as WHO’S MOST PATHETIC! Congrats!

ok...to sum up...you blame the Forum for you leaving the L&T show...(a show which none of us are on)...compare us to racists and as a sign of your commitment you delete the show from ur hard drive...and end by saying you hope we all do well...yet we deserve to be pathetic......

preview......that has got to be the DUMBEST SHIT I'VE EVER READ...you think you can come on here and fuck us up the ass with your collective bullshit...and everyone will kiss the shit on your dick and wish you well...??? if you didn't like what was being said about the show on the Forum...YOU SHOULD HAVE LEFT THE FUCKING FORUM THEN...a newbie can spend 10 fucking minutes on this Forum and know what's going on here...there are no allusive remarks here...but nooooo...you come on here crying like a little bitch who just got raped after the prom...what did you think was going to happen...???

you shudder to think how i vote..??? here's how i vote...you now have my vote as the biggest PUSSY to ever leave the Forum...CG had the title...but now it's yours...so take your crying ass home...sew up your ripped prom dress and fill your fucking hard drive with happy thoughts...

oh...and i still listen...(okc has the last hour now...thank you satan) i still have EVERYTHING from the show that i could get my hands on...recorded and otherwise (also on an external)...i lurk the Forum and log on when i feel like it...but i'm still a fan...the show will continue...terrestrial radio or internet...
she's a man...it's a sled...he's dead already...
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:09 am

Joker.... Do you by chance have a copy of the infamous "gunshot"?
demoknite
How I listen: podcast

Postby demoknite » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:16 pm

Preview wrote:... I vote you Who’s More Pathetic...

The removable foot...
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby licyourface » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:40 pm

JOKER! ! ! !
I MISS YOU SO MUCH!
that right there....is why the forum isnt as good anymore. You quit posting.
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:39 pm

...... And a lot of other P-1s and long time listeners. ... There was and still a reason why posts here are few and far between
J-mental
VIP
VIP

Postby J-mental » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:33 am

Fuck Lex and Terry. We should repurpose this forum under a bigger umbrella. We have a pretty cool crew of people here, it'd be a shame to lose everyone just because a radio show sucks.
"I want you to remember that. I wanted to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, and in your most private moments, I want you to remember the one MAN who beat you..."
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby licyourface » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:00 am

Chad (big worm) owns this site and provides the server space. He haa always maintained, as long as theirs a lex & terry there will be a lex & terry forum. Plain and simple. :)
girlnerd
VIP
VIP
How I listen: podcast

Postby girlnerd » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:04 pm

I really wish I knew exactly what views Preview was referring to. Maybe I'm having a bad day, or perhaps it's a full moon, but I'm taking it a little personal. I loved Lex and Terry when I started listening 9 or 10 years ago and I still do. There are some things they do that annoy me and some things that give me great laughs and happiness. I do realize things have changed, like the financial situation, and the show is different than it was in 2004. When I post, I say some negative, some positive, and some neutral.
According to Lex's definition of a P1, I am a P1. Though I've only been a member of the forum for a year, I had been popping in to view comments and opinions for a long time before that. And I do consume the show, and it is pretty much all I listen to, and I do love it. I feel like I've known the guys for years, though I've never even been within 1000 miles of them.
When the show was taken off in Portland Maine in 2010, it was horrible and I called the radio station to complain and was told some bullshit story about how they were changing to an all advice format and the show just didn't fit anymore. I was really upset. And then through modern technology, I found a way to listen again. It was great!
So I don't know if it's pathetic to love the show, hate the show, or just listen to the show because I don't understand what Preview is talking about. I just know that I am going to keep listening to the show, visiting the forum, and generally loving Lex and Terry like I always have. Good Night!!!
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:35 pm

Honestly I think a lot has to do with the fact the Guys and the Show has become EVERYTHING they hated, and despised ....That was one of the greatest part of the show, them being "themselves"... How many times would you hear them talk about another show , and "How old are their photographs"? or they are so old they use "caricatures" .....well, just look at THEIR site....
The music, commercial breaks, loosing the last / lost hour......and charging for podcasts......
I understand the business has changed and the show / guys need to conform to SURVIVE.....but it didnt mean that the show had to loose its SOUL.....After all the personnel changes, and then Terry filling us with false hope saying his move to Seattle was TEMPORARY...
They lost the 'Studio banter" and even though the delay is almost completely gone, it is just not the same without the guys together, in studio, running smack on a new guy.... I.E. SuperBad.... Taint.. Jason.. Bizkit, Sara..... and let us not forget how we got updated on if Kim was having a good ass day.....
I also miss someone (Sam or Peet) calling out Terry.... why bother if he isnt there...
Seriously, today (Monday) they were talking about Soccer, and watching it.... If Peet was in studio with Terry, do you honestly think Terry would show interest?? NO! He might, but he would still Peter shit because that is what he does.....
TurtleHead
How I listen: podfuckingcast

Postby TurtleHead » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:21 pm

The show sucks now OP, get over it.
J-mental
VIP
VIP

Postby J-mental » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:38 pm

Would be awesome if Preview had the nad to come back and try to defend his opinions or the insults he leveled at us.

Return to “General Show Chat”