i-pod help

Post anything that's on your mind about LexandTerry.com
Axel
VIP
VIP

i-pod help

Postby Axel » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:10 pm

I know I'm gonna get hammered for this but..Its worth it if I get help!!!! My (old) 4gig nano (silver) appears to have played its last podcast...no big deal but i have a shitload of BEST OFs on it and NOT the ones that are on the site.
I have done ALL the "reset" procedures, it won't show up on i-tunes, wont charge (computer, i-home, carcharger, usb, mac or other computer). I have been on so many sites and I'm ready to give up!! Don't care about the stupid i-pod, I just want my BEST OFs back....No I do not have them on my (computer hard drive-YES I know STUPID).
FUCK!!!! Sorry... anyone have any ideas on recovering this data???
I had it recharging on my i-home, took it off, a day later went to use it and it won't start, recharge,.....
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: ONLINE

Re: i-pod help

Postby licyourface » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:05 pm

have you hooked up your iphone to your computer to see if the files transferred from the nano to it?. i dont understand why whatever files you have on your nano wouldnt still be in your itunes library on your computer? they have to still be there. when itunes loads stuff on your nano its loading a "copy". the originals are still at the source which is your computer. your nano is behaving like it was exposed to moisture. doesnt take much, sitting in the sweat of a glass...sweating heavily on it.....getting caught in the rain wearing it etc.
where did you buy the nano? the geek squad at best buy can possibly recover the files for you for a small fee if it isnt fried. i'm telling you though those files are still on you computer some where and/or your iphone
JUST SOME DUDE
VIP
VIP
How I listen: podcast

Postby JUST SOME DUDE » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:07 pm

have you tried to google how to remove hard drive?? or to replace battery??
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby licyourface » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:11 pm

its a nano babe, they are a tiny self contained unit. theres no removing anything
JUST SOME DUDE
VIP
VIP

Postby JUST SOME DUDE » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:02 pm

it can be taken apart... goto ebay and check $15
pvtjoker
VIP
VIP
How I listen: fuck radio...podcast

Postby pvtjoker » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:01 pm

jsd is right...you can even upgrade ur nano's HD...
she's a man...it's a sled...he's dead already...
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby licyourface » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:07 pm

i thought the point was to recover the files and he didnt give a damn about the piece of equipment, and a nano has a FLASH drive not a hard one
JUST SOME DUDE
VIP
VIP

Postby JUST SOME DUDE » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:14 pm

well, if the battery won't take a charge, might try to replace it... thats why you see people selling dead ones all the time... don't tell me you just throw yours away... then again, I used to take stuff apart all the time growing up...
pvtjoker
VIP
VIP
How I listen: fuck radio...podcast

Postby pvtjoker » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:37 pm

ok...flash...my point is...if the data is that valuable to him...there are companies...for a fee...that will remove his drive and recover the data...they just use a working nano to do this...

btw axel...some of those older best of's are great...i should know...i recorded them...
she's a man...it's a sled...he's dead already...
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:27 pm

Thanks for the support!!! I will first start with replacing the battery, and yes I have hit just about every site and forum trying to get this thing to atleast get recognized by a computer.....from that point I can atleast get the files....Worse case..I will send it off..Just to get the files(podcasts).
Yes Kel, I do understand that i-tunes "Copies" a file to a i-pod....BUT since my original hard drive (IBM) crashed and I now use mac..my i-pod was my saving grace when it came to the show.....
Joker....I'm with you..they are some of the best....I even had the one that you sent me when Peet moved into Howie's office...FUCK I had my favorite...The triple Sincerity Show on that ...Drunk Kim...FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats it!! i'm on a mission...I'll keep you posted! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Preview
VIP
VIP
How I listen: Podcast

Postby Preview » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:33 pm

good luck, axel!
That's why i like using a Zune without all the DRM bullshit. It conflicts with my iPhone though. No goddamn ringtones!
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby licyourface » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:15 pm

free agent go external portable 500 gb hard drive..best 80 bucks i ever spent
Preview
VIP
VIP
How I listen: Podcast

Postby Preview » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:26 pm

i've got WD 500gb, It handles my Norton backups, plus a full physical backup via eSATA. Total time for full physical: 19 minutes.
JUST SOME DUDE
VIP
VIP

Postby JUST SOME DUDE » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:49 pm

norton??? who uses that crap???
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:52 pm

gonna send it out to ipodjuice.com ...I could get a battery locally but this is actually cheaper and if it needs more than a battery they may be able to at least get me the files....

Return to “Questions, Comments or ideas”