Been away for a while, podcast question

Post anything that's on your mind about LexandTerry.com
Luke
How I listen: Podcast bitch

Been away for a while, podcast question

Postby Luke » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:51 pm

Rock105 dropped L&T over a year ago and it's been almost that long since I've listened to the show. Back then, the membership thing was still pretty new and it seems like I remember podcasts only being available if you were a paying member. Just from the little bit of reading I've done tonight, it seems like things may have changed a bit since then. Help me see if I've got this right...

Censored podcasts are available for free

and

Uncensored podcasts, Sudden Death, and videos are for paid memberships

Is that right?

Thanks in advance!
"What the fuck is the internet???"

FB
J-mental
VIP
VIP
How I listen: Podcast

Re: Been away for a while, podcast question

Postby J-mental » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:46 am

God, if only....

You're wrong. There are no more uncensored podcasts, and no more sudden death. Staying after work for 20 minutes and doing a sudden death got to be too much for the guys to handle. After all, they had to be home at 11 am in the morning, NOT 12 in the afternoon, I mean they're only human.

But I digress.

No. Podcasts are free, but you get shitty censored versions. The video stream is much better, but the green blanket behind the guys makes everything look fuzzy.
"I want you to remember that. I wanted to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, and in your most private moments, I want you to remember the one MAN who beat you..."
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:49 am

The censored podcast would be more tolerable if every "questionable" word wasn't beeped or another "sound" was used......Also you will notice the podcasts are in 2 parts now rather than 1 file....also there is no show description of the show's contents
Luke

Postby Luke » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:11 am

Wow, so the only thing paid memberships get is a live video stream of the show?

I dont mind hearing the censored podcast. That's all I ever got before so there's no change there. I've listened to my iPod on shuffle so much at work that I'm getting to the point of where I hate everything on it. Hopefully things wont be too hectic at work that I cant listen to the podcasts, at least that's something that I wont get tired of hearing.

Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can figure this shit out now.

FB
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:24 am

Dude...there is no more paid membership...or any membership for that matter....
Curious.....if or when the guys change stations...will we get our uncensored podcasts back? also will we be able to get "older" podcasts since this past year is on the C.C. server....
Luke

Postby Luke » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:21 am

No memberships at all...thanks for clearing that up.

FB
J-mental
VIP
VIP
How I listen: Podcast

Postby J-mental » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:50 pm

Axel wrote:Dude...there is no more paid membership...or any membership for that matter....
Curious.....if or when the guys change stations...will we get our uncensored podcasts back? also will we be able to get "older" podcasts since this past year is on the C.C. server....

No, Peter told us it was a Clear Channel thing but anyone with a mind can see Lex and Terry just don't want to deal with that stuff.

Edit: Luke, your signature is one of my favorite Jay quotes of all time.
"I want you to remember that. I wanted to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, and in your most private moments, I want you to remember the one MAN who beat you..."
Axel
VIP
VIP

Postby Axel » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:37 pm

C.C.= Clear Chanel ...If they "move" ...it will no longer be a Clear Chanel thing.......and if you remember when they moved to the C.C. server we lost past podcasts until people put up a stink and they were moved HERE to the archives .....

Return to “Questions, Comments or ideas”