** TV HASH **

Talk about TV Show's & Movies Here!
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: ONLINE

Postby licyourface » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:13 pm

Ok tv fans Circuit City is kicking ass this week. If you are a fan of hbo shows like OZ or Sex In The City, all seasons are 19.99 this week which is unheard of. hbo shows average 60 bucks a season.
Also they have several greats like the office, scrubs, and west wing all seasons for 21.99!! remember if you are a best buy rewards member they price match
they also have the latest season of weeds and boston legal. my name is earl season 1 and rescue me seasons 1-3 for 24.99
they also have the wire season 3 which i still need for 39.99 and SMALLVILLE season 6 is available TUES!! and on sale for 37.99 at best buy
bbox696
VIP
VIP
How I listen: 99X

Postby bbox696 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:18 pm

when is the wire new season coming out on tv ? I forgot and haven't seen it .
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby licyourface » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:24 pm

they havent announced an official date but all the blogs say feb 08
bbox696
VIP
VIP
How I listen: 99X

Postby bbox696 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:31 pm

Sweet I'm missing that show bad that and Dexter , I bought a movie with the show dexter on it and it only had 2 shows on it , still haven;t taken it back yet .
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby licyourface » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:37 pm

The season finale of The 4400 KICKED ASS!!!! tonight
the writers have done such a good job carrying it through and keeping it interesting and believable and making it continue to get better with each season.
splangy

Postby splangy » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:49 am

Did anybody find the Emmys to be a little weird last night? I would hate to be the cast member of a hit show, only to find myself staring at the ass of presenters and winners all night due to my unfortunate vantage point. I liked the whole "theater in the round" idea, but don't those stages normally rotate at concerts?

And what's with the crappy way they edited out speeches? They could have just panned through the sea of celebrities and cut out the audio of the presenter. Instead, they did this weird thing where they would instantly flip to a ceiling cam, where a big disco ball was blocking the stage and only ambient noise was heard. Just strange all around.

How do you like the sig idea, Lic?
shoehorn
VIP
VIP
How I listen: q102

Postby shoehorn » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:09 am

I didn't watch much of it, but the flipping to the ceiling cam was odd. Noticed it during the song & dance number of Brian and Stewie. Didn't know what the hell was going on.
splangy

Postby splangy » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:29 am

Here's a press release about Kathy Griffin's acceptance speech, which NEVER AIRED.

In a Monday statement, The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences called Griffin’s remarks “offensive” and said they would not be part of the E! telecast. Here’s what Griffin said: “A lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this award. I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus.” She then held up her word and announced, “This award is my god now!” Religious critics are already calling Griffin’s words a “hate speech” and “blasphemous.”

I tend to think Kathy Griffin didn't air because she looks like Andy Dick in a wig.
shoehorn
VIP
VIP

Postby shoehorn » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:49 am

What a bunch of b-s.
splangy

Postby splangy » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:58 am

Big up to Terry (John Locke) O'Quinn for winning best supporting actor last night. His suit was badass. Shiny, hot pink shirt with a sparkly black tie. He was a cane and cloak away from pimping some Hos.
shoehorn
VIP
VIP

Postby shoehorn » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:26 am

And his woman is the hottest piece of ass I've seen in a long time.
Nodachi
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
How I listen: Podcast

Postby Nodachi » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:29 am

I've gotten to where I ignore the award shows. Too many cases of, "How the fuck did they win?"

7 more days!
splangy

Postby splangy » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:31 am

Halo 3, Nodachi?
licyourface
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby licyourface » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:41 am

splangy wrote:Here's a press release about Kathy Griffin's acceptance speech, which NEVER AIRED.

In a Monday statement, The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences called Griffin’s remarks “offensive” and said they would not be part of the E! telecast. Here’s what Griffin said: “A lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this award. I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus.” She then held up her word and announced, “This award is my god now!” Religious critics are already calling Griffin’s words a “hate speech” and “blasphemous.”

I tend to think Kathy Griffin didn't air because she looks like Andy Dick in a wig.

what she said was very funny and her show is very entertaining. she is the only one who is completely straight forward during the show about the set ups for publicity and stuff. i like her a lot because shes very real and to me her shock value seems more genuine where as sara silverman to me seems like she tries too hard to be shocking and not hard enough to be funny
i dont watch the emmys, doesnt even occur to me. the winner list is always interesting though, i'll check that out
splangy

Postby splangy » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:59 am

Another big point is that Sara Silverman most likely writes and rehearses her routine days ahead of time, whereas Kathy writes an outline of what she wants to talk about on the way to the show. And she's always funny. Sara reminds me a lot of a girlfriend you think is awesome because her sarcasm is so interesting. Then you date for 3 months and realize that she's way too sarcastic to be fun. Plus, every time you look at her you think she's picking you and everyone else apart for material to analyze over and over again in her head, and it creeps you out.

Uh... that analogy wasn't derived from personal experience at all.... :|

Return to “TV & Movies”